RE: [bbshop] Song suggestions needed for a celebratory memorial service.

  • Knight, Ron
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2012
      This reminds me of something else it might make sense to point out in this connection.

      Our chorus had a song in our repertory and a long-time member who, every time we sang it, said "I want you to sing that at my funeral". In his latter days, his attendance became more and more infrequent, and when he finally passed away, we found out to our consternation that nobody could remember which song it was that he constantly reminded us he wanted sung at his funeral. We should have made a record when he was saying that several years before his death.

      We did our best to send him away with good music from our chorus, but we'll never know whether we actually sang the song that he wanted or not.

      Write it down!

      Ron Knight

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2012
        The standard songs for such a service by the Arlington, Texas chapter are From The First Hello To The Last Goodbye, I Believe, and Irish Blessing. Hope this helps.

        Joe Dymale
        Arlington Goodtimes Chorus