Re: [bbshop] Preserving & Encouraging Membership

  • larry4lead@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2012
      .... Scott Zumbrum  wrote......
      What about a Senior Chorus contest? Not unlike the Senior Quartet contest. We certainly should have a lot of potential participants.
      -------------------------------------
      Scott,

         Does that mean you're from F lorida too?
         On the surface, I think it's a great idea....I just wonder about the stress of travel....and, some of us may not be able to stand for the whole set...Could we have risers with chairs?

         It'd be interesting to hear some suggested activities that could be staged right in the hotel ballrooms...such as:

         Set up a "meeting Hall" with about 40 chairs. Then a viewing gallery around the sides for spectators. Have people sign up (with a set number of openings for eac h voice part)...non-competitors have priority  (so those who will appear on the contrest stage, have to give way to those who will not). Then, run a typical "guest Night,"

      or a pick-up-quartet night, or singing games (post the theme, so the signees know what they're in for). Run it for two hours, then have an hour for n ew sign-ups, and start again.
         Have a tag class (with sign-ups as above). After teaching a tag or two, the Program VP starts putting quartets together....coach the quartets on technique, and hopefully, have them sounding good enuf to hold a parade of quartets to end the class.

      "Jeez!" don't get me started again!

      Larry the Legend

      Larry Robinson

      Lead, Heart of Florida Chorus