Sunshine District Labor Day Jamboree (Friday Aug 31 - Monday Sept 3)

  • flashbacklead
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2012
      Sunshine District's Labor Day Jamboree is hurtling toward you at warp speed!
      That annual event where Barbershoppers from around the world congregate in one
      spot without any competition or pressure to enjoy each other's company and sing
      all your favorite songs and tags far into the night is practically here.

      http://www.labordayjamboree.com/

      What's that? You've never heard of Labor Day Jamboree? Well, let me tell you a
      thing or two about the most fabulous weekend on the Barbershop planet. First,
      we've booked a great venue at the Orlando Airport Marriott close to all sorts of
      attractions, as if you'd ever want to leave the poolside or halls where the
      singing is happening. Second, there's the Dave LaBar Memorial Almost Classic
      Classic Golf Tournament on Sunday for those of you so inclined. Third, it's a
      family thing all weekend long. You decide how much or how little participation
      you want to enjoy. Fourth, there's the Grapefruit League Novice Quartet Contest
      [GLNQC] open to any guys from anywhere who sing and featuring the Rik Ogden
      Memorial Trophy to the winners along with an appearance on the Saturday show
      which leads me to the shows. Last, but certainly not least, we've got two
      Barbershop shows to beat all Barbershop shows!

      The Saturday night Jamboree features headliners - 2102 Sweet Adeline
      International Champs Martini and barbershop semi-finalists and masters of
      comedy, Lunch Break along with local faves Shootin The Breeze, Rising Star
      hopefuls Ballistic!, Flashback, Spanglish, surprise cameo performances, and the
      GLNQC winners from Saturday afternoons contest.

      The Sunday night SuperShop Show featuring headliners - 2012 BHS International
      3rd place medalists A Mighty Wind and 5th place medalists Main Street! We'll
      also and feature Region 9 Champs and SAI finalists BLING!, Region 9 finalists
      Live Out Loud, and surprise cameo performances all seamlessly woven together by
      Sunshine's own masterful emcee, Keith Hopkins.

      Where else are you going to see this kind of concentrated Barbershop power? No
      place, that's where. Show tickets are only $25 for either show or buy the
      two-show package for $45 and save. Here's where you get your show tickets:

      http://www.labordayjamboree.com/#/shows-tickets/4554756137

      and don't dawdle. Both shows are open seating and prepaid tickets will be
      available at the Will Call desk at 7 p.m. each evening. Doors open at 7:30 and
      the shows start promptly at 8 p.m.

      And then there's the Afterglow on Saturday and Sunday night after the shows in
      the Capri Room. Who could ask for anything more?

      Now, let's talk about your hotel room. We have 300 rooms reserved at$102 a night
      plus tax and with free parking for guests. They are bound to go fast. They
      always do. You can go here to make your reservation:

      http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcoap?groupCode=ssdssda&app=resvlink&fromD\
      ate=&toDate=

      just adjust the dates. The Group Code is already in that link. [If Yahoo
      destroys the link wrap above, just go to the LDJ site and click on the
      Reservation link there.]

      For those of you interested in the Grapefruit League Novice Quartet Contest, you
      can register online here:

      http://sunshinedistrict.org/events/grapefruit_league_novice_quartet_contest/

      and get all the details on the qualifications and contest rules.

      So, blowout that pitchpipe, pack your bags, and head on down to the Sunshine
      District for a Barbershop weekend for the whole family. Labor Day Jamboree 2012
      is waiting for YOU!

      http://www.labordayjamboree.com/

      Don't Miss It!

      Mark Schlinkert