Thank you from Roz Frizzell - The Boston Shrimp (7/28/12)

  • Rosalind Frizzell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2012
      Dear Harmonet,

      Right about the time the Portland International Convention was happening, I lost my residence and the next day fell down the stairs under the subway train.

      You can't make this stuff up.

      What happened next was truly amazing and wonderful. I heard from Melody and Diz Disney. They made arrangements for me to have a safe place to sleep for ten days. After the initial 5 days of shock, it was exactly what I needed. It enabled me to regroup, apply to agencies for potential housing options and apply for other state programs.

      Best of all, The Disneys contacted their friends and most of all - You. The Harmonet Friends came through. I'm eating and sleeping in a safer place than I was that first week. Though I still have nightmares about it, I never want to find myself in that position again.

      Now I have health insurance and am following up on the injuries I sustained from the fall. Just need one crutch now, but am still walking slowly with a slight limp. My attitude and outlook is positive, considering how depressing the circumstances were.

      Sometimes it takes an accident or a tragic event for you to realize who your friends are and who'll catch you when you fall. That's what I discovered. I have my Barbershop Friends and my Harmonet Friends. It makes me feel like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. At the end of the movie, she realized she was surrounded by her loving friends and family all along. That's how I feel.

      Thank you everyone. And I mean it. Thank you to all of you who have emailed, sent me letters, cards, prayers and a check. And next time you see me, I'd like to give you a great big thank you and hug in person.

      The words thank you and I appreciate you are very honest sentiments from me to all of you.

      Thank you,
      Roz

      Rosalind Severs-Frizzell
      The Boston Shrimp