Searching for Joe Barbershopper---Second Request

  • Montana Jack Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2012
      This is a most urgent request. I know that there are many more Joe Barbershoppers out there in all the little towns all over the U.S. and Canada. Your Joe has spent many, many years taking care of some or all of the little tasks that enhance your enjoyment of our hobby.

      Perhaps it was just having a cup of hot coffee ready when you arrived on a cold winter night for the chapter meeting---having already arrived early to turn on the heat in the meeting hall so everyone would be warm. While waiting for the coffee to perk, he probably set up the risers and the chairs. Then he got out the guest book. You know Joe----he does it all.

      Won’t you please take a few moments to thank Joe for his uncomplaining and dedicated service to you and your chapter?

      Just read the note below. Then take a couple of minutes to sit down at your computer and tell me about him.

      Thanks for thinking about Joe as he has thought about you for so many years.

      Blessings to all,

      Jack
      Montana Jack, keeping the faith and keeping it barbershop

      Netters,

      By now, everyone has probably received the latest issue of the Harmonizer where you will find a biography of Tony Cecere, aka Joe Barbershopper. Additionally, you have all seen the earlier biography of Ron Hayes, our first Joe Barbershopper.

      It is time to conduct the second round of interviews for the next group of “Joes”. In that regard, I am seeking your nominations for that next group. Please send them directly to me, at my E-dress --- mailto:mtjack@...

      As you noticed with both Ron and Tony, their service was over a long period of time. They both exemplify those unsung heroes of our chapters who do all the little things that, for years, have made our enjoyment of this hobby a much smoother journey. In the main, they are not well known outside your chapter and, perhaps, your district. This is your chance to honor them by nominating them for a little and long deserved recognition.

      The fact that you have someone in mind, who joined last year----and was a great show chairman is certainly commendable----and you should tell him so personally. However, please keep in mind that we are looking for those Joes who have been quietly doing all the little things ----for many years.

      Please send me as much information as you can about your nominee. It will really help in the selection process. The completeness of that information will be a deciding factor. Also, please include COMPLETE contact information for both yourself and the Joe that you are nominating to be honored. Even if you have previously nominated someone, do it again----all those earlier ones have long been lost in the bowels of my computer (due to an unplanned crash).

      Thanks for your help. Please try to get you nominations to me by the COB on 31 July.

      If you have any questions, please contact me immediately (no unwritten nominations please).

      Blessings to everyone,

      Montana Jack, keeping the faith and keeping it barbershop