Re: Future Webcasts

  • Jo Ann Glomski
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19, 2012
      I for one would be very unhappy if they didn't offer the webcast. I almost
      always went to the Men's Intenatinal but can't anymore because of health
      reasons. I have my computer on cable and I had a very good picture. No
      problms at all. This weekend I had a member of a competing chorus who
      didn't get to see much because of competing, so he and his wife came down
      and watched the delayed broadcast. I got my money's worth, so plese don't
      listen to all the disgruntled people as I am a very happy customer. Thank
      you very much. Also the three hosts were excellent at their job.

      Jo Glomski

    • Richard Harris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 20, 2012
        Amen to keeping the Webcast.

        I know others that are now medically challenged and unable to go to International, but religiously support the Webcast.

        The Webcast plays no part in whether I go to the convention or not. It's pure economics.

        Thanks,
        Richard

      • Lee Daum
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20, 2012
          There's probably a lot of reasons for low attendance at International
          Conventions that have nothing to do with the webcasts being good or bad,
          such as middle class people feeling the "pinch in their pocketbooks",
          unemployment, and also let's not forget that our society is aging and that
          means more and more folks on fixed incomes. Like most other things the cost
          of travel has gone up more than people's incomes.

          But a webcast is just that...it's not the real thing! And let me tell you I
          just went to my first International Convention in a long while..and I am
          awfully glad I went. I forgot how great it is to see these all these great
          quartets and choruses live and in person! Not to mention that it was in
          Portland, where there is plenty to do for everyone in the family..even those
          who aren't so keen on Barbershop.

          I've made a resolution to go again next year..regardless of whether my
          chorus goes, or not. We did go this year and it was great being on that
          stage..but I would go regardless. I'll probably "sit out" Vegas (I'm not a
          fan) but I hope to go for many years to come.

          In Harmony,
          Lee Daum
          <mailto:lee.daum@...> lee.daum@...
          Arlington, MA 02476

        • Bob Landry
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20, 2012
            We thought the delayed Webcast was fine except for a few sync problems. My daughter, not BBShopper, and I watch the show together. There are no BBS shows within a hundred miles of us where we can see and hear live quality BBS singing. I have been to about 10 Internationals and that is definitely the best. My daughter has listened to and watched the Webcast every year that it has been offered.Because of this she would love to attend the Convention and might, someday, if it were ever close enough for her to afford. After seeing "MaxQ" win in 2007 she drove over 150 miles to see them live on a BBS show. As for me, I will probably not be able to attend any more Conventions due to health.
            So for us, it is imperative that the Webcast continue!
            Hello to all my tag singing friends. Congratulations to those I saw on the Webcast, wish I could have been there.

            Bob Landry, member, SPEBSQSA,tagging since 1946The guy with the "Little Black Book" of TagsBari, "Tag Team", (unregistered)Frank Thorne Chapter, Jennings, LAAlumnus of HC 1973-84