RE: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes

  • Bill Kane
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
      So did Classic Collection. Bill Kane
      > To: rickword@...
      > CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      > From: jackwmartin@...
      > Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:11:37 -0400
      > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes
      >
      > I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
      > In Harmony
      > Jack
      >
      > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
      > > of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
      > > it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
      > > "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
      > > With plenty of money and you.
      > > In spite of the worry that money brings.
      > > Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
      > > And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
      > > But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
      > > It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
      > > But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
      > > With plenty of money and you."
      > > Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
      > > arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
      > > Rick Word
      > > Atlanta
      > >

      > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, David Dantowitz <dantowitz@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Looking for ideas for snappy, money-related "up" tunes... doing some
      > > short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
      > > morning, fast turn around.)
      > > >
      > > > Probably just do a few tags for them. Needs to be more "up" than
      > > "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."
      > > >
      > > > Thanks!
      > > >
      > > > David

    • H.mcintosh
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
        139th Street also sang the song on one of their albums.

        Mac McIntosh
        Clovis, California

        On Jun 4, 2012, at 8:57 PM, Bill Kane <BillKaneVIP@...> wrote:

        > So did Classic Collection. Bill Kane
        >> To: rickword@...
        >> CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
        >> From: jackwmartin@...
        >> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:11:37 -0400
        >> Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes
        >>
        >> I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
        >> In Harmony
        >> Jack
        >>
        >> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:
        >>
        >>> **
        >>>

        >>> I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
        >>> of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
        >>> it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
        >>> "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
        >>> With plenty of money and you.
        >>> In spite of the worry that money brings.
        >>> Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
        >>> And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
        >>> But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
        >>> It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
        >>> But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
        >>> With plenty of money and you."
        >>> Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
        >>> arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
        >>> Rick Word

        >>> short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
        >>> morning, fast turn around.)

        >>> "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."

      • aclassapartbari
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
          It may be too late for your show, but here is a Youtube link for Classic Collection's version of the song.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GktfC_1V29U&feature=related
          Also, there's always the song "We're in the money".
          Rick Word
          Atlanta

          --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Bill Kane <BillKaneVIP@...> wrote:

          > So did Classic Collection. Bill Kane
          > > To: rickword@...
          > > CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
          > > From: jackwmartin@...
          > > Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:11:37 -0400
          > > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes
          > >
          > > I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
          > > In Harmony
          > > Jack
          > >
          > > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
          > > > of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
          > > > it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
          > > > "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
          > > > With plenty of money and you.
          > > > In spite of the worry that money brings.
          > > > Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
          > > > And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
          > > > But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
          > > > It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
          > > > But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
          > > > With plenty of money and you."
          > > > Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
          > > > arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
          > > > Rick Word

          > > > short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
          > > > morning, fast turn around.)

          > > > "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."

        • Paul Girard
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
            Buffalo Bills on Masterworks (Disc 1)
            Also Marquis on their "In The Wee Small Hours" album.

            139 did "Money Makes The World Go 'Round" on their Collection (Disc 3)

            There are a couple more "Money" titles in the catalog, including "Save Your Confederate Money Boys"

            Paul

          • Darlene
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
              Hey, guys. I know I've been suspiciously silent about Harmony Camp 2012,
              but it's time for me to change that!

              First off: the show. August 4, 2012, at Vets Memorial in Columbus,
              Ohio. Starts at 7. Besides the Harmony Camp Choruses...reason enough to
              come... we have: Throwback, Sean Devine's new quartet. Maxx
              Factor...... Queens. Max Q.... Gold Medalists. It's worth the ticket!

              So. Our registrations have been low this year. We changed venues
              (because we had to), costs, etc., and of course (fill in your economic
              observation here).

              All that said... I have 18 kids from a single school that want to attend
              camp. This particular school has become a champion of barbershop in the
              last few years. Lots of their choir members come to camp, and they go on
              to other places. In Cleveland, they're fairly well known..they've spread
              the barbershop word through the community, they've performed all over
              town, been seen on TV...some of them have been recognized on the streets
              as the barbershop kids!

              They could use some help this year. We are looking for 18
              donors...remember, 18 kids.... to donate $50 each. That would help these
              barbershop enthusiasts! They'll come to camp, train under Queen Debbie
              Cleveland and Gold Medalist Gary Lewis. Best of all, it will just give a
              kid a chance at an experience he or she will never forget!

              You can donate by visiting www.harmonycamp.org
              <http://www.harmonycamp.org> & clicking on "become a donor".

              AAAAAAAnddd.... donate $100 or more and I'll be glad to send you a
              couple tickets to the show!

              Let me know... hope to see you on the donor list.

              darlene i
              l.p.b.o.