Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes

  • Jack W. Martin
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
      I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
      In Harmony
      Jack

      On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
      > of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
      > it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
      > "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
      > With plenty of money and you.
      > In spite of the worry that money brings.
      > Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
      > And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
      > But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
      > It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
      > But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
      > With plenty of money and you."
      > Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
      > arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
      > Rick Word
      > Atlanta
      >

      > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, David Dantowitz <dantowitz@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Looking for ideas for snappy, money-related "up" tunes... doing some
      > short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
      > morning, fast turn around.)
      > >
      > > Probably just do a few tags for them. Needs to be more "up" than
      > "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > David

    • Bill Kane
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
        So did Classic Collection. Bill Kane
        > To: rickword@...
        > CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
        > From: jackwmartin@...
        > Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:11:37 -0400
        > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes
        >
        > I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
        > In Harmony
        > Jack
        >
        > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
        > > of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
        > > it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
        > > "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
        > > With plenty of money and you.
        > > In spite of the worry that money brings.
        > > Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
        > > And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
        > > But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
        > > It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
        > > But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
        > > With plenty of money and you."
        > > Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
        > > arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
        > > Rick Word
        > > Atlanta
        > >

        > > --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, David Dantowitz <dantowitz@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Looking for ideas for snappy, money-related "up" tunes... doing some
        > > short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
        > > morning, fast turn around.)
        > > >
        > > > Probably just do a few tags for them. Needs to be more "up" than
        > > "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."
        > > >
        > > > Thanks!
        > > >
        > > > David

      • H.mcintosh
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
          139th Street also sang the song on one of their albums.

          Mac McIntosh
          Clovis, California

          On Jun 4, 2012, at 8:57 PM, Bill Kane <BillKaneVIP@...> wrote:

          > So did Classic Collection. Bill Kane
          >> To: rickword@...
          >> CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
          >> From: jackwmartin@...
          >> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:11:37 -0400
          >> Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes
          >>
          >> I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
          >> In Harmony
          >> Jack
          >>
          >> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:
          >>
          >>> **
          >>>

          >>> I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
          >>> of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
          >>> it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
          >>> "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
          >>> With plenty of money and you.
          >>> In spite of the worry that money brings.
          >>> Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
          >>> And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
          >>> But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
          >>> It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
          >>> But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
          >>> With plenty of money and you."
          >>> Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
          >>> arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
          >>> Rick Word

          >>> short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
          >>> morning, fast turn around.)

          >>> "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."

        • aclassapartbari
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
            It may be too late for your show, but here is a Youtube link for Classic Collection's version of the song.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GktfC_1V29U&feature=related
            Also, there's always the song "We're in the money".
            Rick Word
            Atlanta

            --- In bbshop@yahoogroups.com, Bill Kane <BillKaneVIP@...> wrote:

            > So did Classic Collection. Bill Kane
            > > To: rickword@...
            > > CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: jackwmartin@...
            > > Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 23:11:37 -0400
            > > Subject: Re: [bbshop] Re: Looking for snappy, money-related "up" tunes
            > >
            > > I am thinking the Buffalo Bills sing this song on one of there albums.
            > > In Harmony
            > > Jack
            > >
            > > On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM, aclassapartbari <rickword@...>wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > I'd start with "With Plenty of Money and You" which has a barbershop intro
            > > > of "Money, Money, Money, lots of Money, Money, Money, Lots of Money, ain't
            > > > it funny how I'm always out of Money" and then goes into the actual song
            > > > "Well, baby, what I couldn't do
            > > > With plenty of money and you.
            > > > In spite of the worry that money brings.
            > > > Just a little filthy lucre buys a lot of things.
            > > > And I could take you to places you'd like to go.
            > > > But outside of that, I've no use for dough.
            > > > It's the root of all evil, Of strife and upheaval.
            > > > But I'm certain, honey, that life would be sunny
            > > > With plenty of money and you."
            > > > Not sure if there is a barbershop recording of it but I've sung the
            > > > arrangement so I know at least that the arrangement exists.
            > > > Rick Word

            > > > short tracks for a business / news radio program Tuesday (they called this
            > > > morning, fast turn around.)

            > > > "Brother Can you Spare a Dime."

          • Paul Girard
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2012
              Buffalo Bills on Masterworks (Disc 1)
              Also Marquis on their "In The Wee Small Hours" album.

              139 did "Money Makes The World Go 'Round" on their Collection (Disc 3)

              There are a couple more "Money" titles in the catalog, including "Save Your Confederate Money Boys"

              Paul

            • Darlene
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2012
                Hey, guys. I know I've been suspiciously silent about Harmony Camp 2012,
                but it's time for me to change that!

                First off: the show. August 4, 2012, at Vets Memorial in Columbus,
                Ohio. Starts at 7. Besides the Harmony Camp Choruses...reason enough to
                come... we have: Throwback, Sean Devine's new quartet. Maxx
                Factor...... Queens. Max Q.... Gold Medalists. It's worth the ticket!

                So. Our registrations have been low this year. We changed venues
                (because we had to), costs, etc., and of course (fill in your economic
                observation here).

                All that said... I have 18 kids from a single school that want to attend
                camp. This particular school has become a champion of barbershop in the
                last few years. Lots of their choir members come to camp, and they go on
                to other places. In Cleveland, they're fairly well known..they've spread
                the barbershop word through the community, they've performed all over
                town, been seen on TV...some of them have been recognized on the streets
                as the barbershop kids!

                They could use some help this year. We are looking for 18
                donors...remember, 18 kids.... to donate $50 each. That would help these
                barbershop enthusiasts! They'll come to camp, train under Queen Debbie
                Cleveland and Gold Medalist Gary Lewis. Best of all, it will just give a
                kid a chance at an experience he or she will never forget!

                You can donate by visiting www.harmonycamp.org
                <http://www.harmonycamp.org> & clicking on "become a donor".

                AAAAAAAnddd.... donate $100 or more and I'll be glad to send you a
                couple tickets to the show!

                Let me know... hope to see you on the donor list.

                darlene i
                l.p.b.o.