Re: [bbshop] Re: The Old Songs

  • Mark Schuldenfrei
    Message 1 of 14 , May 3, 2012
      On 5/3/2012 9:31 AM, Stephen Rafe wrote:
      > Agreed. The question then becomes, once we get them in the door, what
      > do we do with them.

      I thought that the Compellingly Attractive Chapter Meetings
      program was a brilliant answer. So brilliant that I've
      recommended the materials to friends in other hobbies.

      Unrelated to that, and far from my own personal background, a
      friend pointed me at an article from http://www.barna.org/
      yesterday. The article was on keeping mailing lists and other
      electronic groups relevant and interesting... but the
      organization itself is a research organization for the
      evangelical movement on how to find, retain, and engage
      people in churches. Much of what their research finds, it
      seems, would be applicable to us in some ways as well.

      (Note: I am not an evangelical, and not a Christian, and I am
      only sharing a new-to-me source of information and research
      on cultural and social interactions. Some of their articles
      which I read after that first one, truly interested me because
      they discuss what motivates people to participate, belong and
      stay in their particular groups-of-interest.)

      Mark Schuldenfrei