Re: [bbshop] re:Simple Things you can do, to Market Your Hobby

  • markrusch@tampabay.rr.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
      For the society’s free music, go here: http://www.barbershop.org/document-center/category/19-free-music-for-printing.html

    • Jamie Bedford
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
        Auld Lang Syne is a good arr. with which non-barbershoppers will be
        familiar.
        Irish Blessing is lovely.
        Kentucky Babe is surprisingly fun to sing (though most young folk won't
        know who/what that is) ;)
        One More Song is another lovely tune.
        I Love You Truly could work.
        Down Mobile could work, too.
        I'm All Alone could also work.

        Those are the ones that I'm familiar with and which I think would be the
        best fits from that page, at least as things to send to schools... The only
        authority I can offer is that I'm a 28 year old, 12 year member ;)

        Libraries are perhaps a different matter (though I do think all of those
        will still work). But sending music to schools is targeting a different
        audience than to libraries, and I don't represent the library audience
        quite so well!

        Cheers,
        Jamie Bedford

        On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM, <markrusch@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > For the society�s free music, go here:
        > http://www.barbershop.org/document-center/category/19-free-music-for-printing.html

      • Jordan Truesdell
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
          If you're putting books in the library, it would be nice to include a
          (good) CD of the tracks in a back pocket. Again, royalty free would be
          best, and unfortunately good masters are expensive. A public domain work
          would be, theoretically, mechanical license free, but the arrangers would
          have to give their blessing or be paid mechanical fees. (Hey, BHS, how
          'bout working us a deal - you get the master rights, waive the arranger
          mech. and repro rights you own, and we print and burn at our expense?)

          Jordan