Re: [bbshop] Re: Lunch Break Quartet National Anthem-WITH LINK!!

  • Robert Farnham
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 29, 2012
      Well said, Rick!!!

      ________________________________
      From: aclassapartbari <rickword@...>
      To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:28 AM
      Subject: [bbshop] Re: Lunch Break Quartet National Anthem-WITH LINK!!

      Thanks Norm, and to several of you who have supported my position publicly (or privately). Could any of us write a better national anthem, that is easier for more Americans to sing, with a better melody and even better lyrics? I admit it, quite possibly! Even probably!!

      But do we REALLY want a national anthem written in 2012, even if it is far better than anything previously written? If there is any group of Americans who appreciate the value of tradition, it should be members of the barbershop harmony society (and those with affiliated asperations). There is something to be said for honoring what our forefathers have honored before us.

      Respect tradition.

      Rick Word
      Atlanta