Re: [bbshop] Programming chapter meetings and use of music

  • Jordan Truesdell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2012
      We sing happy birthday at least once a month. My birthday is coming up
      soon, and I decided that we weren't singing it very well, so I bought a
      copy of the chart, learned all four parts, and taught it to the chorus as
      our "tag" last week, and we'll sing it again this week to reinforce it.

      I tend to agree that Flowers in May isn't quite the right chord to strike
      (!) with prospective members. Sure, I grew up with Marlo Thomas & Friends
      "Free To Be You and Me," but still...it seems more like a Sweet Ad welcome
      song.

      Only partially on topic, I noticed at Atlantic Harmony Brigade last summer
      that they sing _during_ the business meeting. After every couple of
      speakers, we sang one of the repertoire songs. It broke up the monotony,
      and kept it more interesting. That may not work for a weekly meeting, but I
      thought it was a very cool way to shake off the meeting fidgets.

      Jordan