Re: [bbshop] Quartet Procedure Question

  • Mark Schuldenfrei
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 3, 2012
      Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
      > How should quartets organize? How formal should they be, and when
      > should they get formal? What sorts of things should be formally
      > noted?

      Off of the list, John Witmer suggested that there was a handbook
      on the BHS web site. He is right - and it covers a LOT of ground
      in its 33 pages, but I find that it only touches a small part of
      what I was asking...

      I wonder if there is still more that can be discovered and
      shared on the administrative side.

      For those that are curious about that document:
      http://barbershop.org/document-center/category/17-quartet-singing-and-renewal.html?download=165%3Aan-information-manual-for-barbershop-quartets

      Thank you, John!

      Mark Schuldenfrei
    • Charlie Davenport
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 5, 2012
        Dave, I don't have a set of rules in front of me, but I am sure that to cross the stage as a performer, you must be a member or Associate member (Director)...

        AND, keep in mind as a Board Member now, you have fiduciary responsibilities. If we have non-dues-paying members with no tickets purchased, how do you account for their incurred expenses, and their lack of contribution toward profits?

        It would be great if the entire Barbershop experience were free and had no restrictions, but that lotter ticket has yet been won.

        All the reasons for "eval only" are right on the money, but we must use our judges to evaluate members, otherwise, we are not being fair to our members.

        Charlie Davenport
        Anything I win above $200 million will go toward making Barbershop a much less expensive thing...