Jim Gentil

  • Bob Sutton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2012
      I’m honored to have been quoted in regard to Jim Gentil’s passing, but distinctly saddened by our Society’s loss. Eleven bronze medals is an amazing accomplishment. I loved listening to his wonderfully deep voice and watching the man on stage with the Naturals (I just came into the Society after the Roaring ‘20s stopped competing). He was a fellow Phi Delt as well, so we had a few things other than music to chat about when crossing paths.

      There’s an extra sadness when lung cancer claims a smoker too soon, and so if the message to quit (or not to start) gets to even one young person, I’ll be a bit happier. But for now, it’s just not a pleasant day hearing the news. Rest in peace, Jim. In coelo quies est.

      Bob Sutton bsutton@...
      Alexandria, Virginia chapter
      Society Archive Committee