Re: [bbshop] Quartet Procedure Question

  • Alan St.Louis
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 2, 2012
      Steve,
      That is a good one!
      My feeling on this is if the quartet paid for the uniforms and they can be used by the new member of the quartet, The member leaving the quartet should in
      fact be willing to let the uniforms go so the quartet can move on.
      I have been through this many times and still do have uniforms that the quartet paid for but there were other vests and accessories that I let go so the replacement
      could use them and move on.
      There was one vest that was passed on to us by another quartet where the vests were hand made sequin vests and could not be replaced and I know for a fact that
      there were about 6 personnel changes and the vests were always passed on to the newer member.
      Now the quartet is gone but I still have that vest in my closet.
      The difference here is that I was a UNIQUE size and the uniforms would not fit anyone else so it wasn’t an issue, If the uniforms fit the new member and you are
      pressed for time due to upcoming gigs than I think the exiting member is wrong in not allowing this to happen!
      Good Luck resolving this issue!
      AL St.Louis

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 5, 2012
        Dave, I don't have a set of rules in front of me, but I am sure that to cross the stage as a performer, you must be a member or Associate member (Director)...

        AND, keep in mind as a Board Member now, you have fiduciary responsibilities. If we have non-dues-paying members with no tickets purchased, how do you account for their incurred expenses, and their lack of contribution toward profits?

        It would be great if the entire Barbershop experience were free and had no restrictions, but that lotter ticket has yet been won.

        All the reasons for "eval only" are right on the money, but we must use our judges to evaluate members, otherwise, we are not being fair to our members.

        Charlie Davenport
        Anything I win above $200 million will go toward making Barbershop a much less expensive thing...