Quartet Procedure Question

  • providenceguyri
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 2, 2012
      Recently a member of my Quartet quit without any notice. Leaving us to fill 7 gigs in 9 days. Just a little bit unprofessional. But I digress. My question - the Quartet paid for all of our outfits and we would like all of the outfits back so that we can use them with our next member (they just happen to be the same size). The problem.....the former member wants us to buy the items back from him.

      Are there any standard practises that address this issue?

      Steve
      Providence, RI
    • Charlie Davenport
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 5, 2012
        Dave, I don't have a set of rules in front of me, but I am sure that to cross the stage as a performer, you must be a member or Associate member (Director)...

        AND, keep in mind as a Board Member now, you have fiduciary responsibilities. If we have non-dues-paying members with no tickets purchased, how do you account for their incurred expenses, and their lack of contribution toward profits?

        It would be great if the entire Barbershop experience were free and had no restrictions, but that lotter ticket has yet been won.

        All the reasons for "eval only" are right on the money, but we must use our judges to evaluate members, otherwise, we are not being fair to our members.

        Charlie Davenport
        Anything I win above $200 million will go toward making Barbershop a much less expensive thing...