The Kentucky Vocal Union needs your help!

  • jl.pennington
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2011
      Fellow barbershoppers,

      We in the Kentucky Vocal Union are still getting feedback from our International set in Kansas City last summer, and we're so humbled and honored to have affected as many of you as we did.

      A bit more recently we qualified for our fourth-ever international chorus contest, which you likely know is to be held next summer in Portland. We're hoping that you want to be an important part of the process for us.

      That's why we've set up a page on Kickstarter.com where you can donate to help offset our travel costs—2,000 miles ain't cheap—and be rewarded for your generosity with personalized Singing Valentines, KVU memorabilia and plenty of never-before-seen-or-heard clips from deep within the chorus's archives.

      Check it out at: http://kck.st/un87SM

      Since forming in November 2006, we've been fortunate enough to compete on the BHS's international stage three times: 2008 in Nashville, Tenn. (10th place); 2009 in Anaheim, Calif. (13th); and 2011 in Kansas City, Mo. (sixth place!).

      The next step in our chorus's history is toward Portland, and anyone who has ever traveled outside of his/her hometown knows that traveling is expensive. Every cent you graciously donate will go exclusively toward offsetting travel costs for our 30-plus members.

      If you selflessly give to our cause, we have some rewards for you that we hope aren't too insulting to your generosity. No need to go through them here; they're all neatly listed on the Kickstarter page. We think one that will interest many of you is our Singing Valentine option: The chorus record a personalized two-song Singing Valentine in high quality, and we'll make sure your significant other sees it Feb. 14. There are a ton of other great rewards on the page, so check it out.

      Also on the Kickstarter page is a video that explains the project a bit more and shows off what we in the KVU do more than anything else: Goof off and have way too much fun together.

      And for those new to Kickstarter.com, the funding for the project is all or nothing: If we don't meet our goal of $6,500, we'll receive none of the pledged money, and those that pledged won't receive any of the rewards.

      Most of all, though, we hope we can reward you with an exciting, artistic and all-around unforgettable performance in Portland. It's already in the works, and we can't wait to share it with you.

      If you do your part, we'll make sure we do ours.

      Again, make sure to check out our Kickstarter page at http://kck.st/un87SM.

      Thank you so much for your time today.

      It's great to be a barbershopper!

      --
      James Pennington, Kentucky Vocal Union
      Assistant director, baritone section leader

      kyvocalunion.org
      twitter.com/thekvu
      twitter.com/pennington.jl