Youth Barbershop at Carnegie Hall

  • joe.cerutti
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      On Monday, December 26, 2011 at 8pm the 165-voice No Borders Youth Chorus (organized for a one-time only performance) will be performing at Carnegie Hall with special guests Prestige (2011 International Collegiate Quartet Champions), Tim Waurick, Sean Devine and other guests. The concert serves as a benefit concert for Japan disaster relief and will also feature an award winning youth orchestra from Japan.

      This event will be an amazing display of talent from young men ranging in age from 13 to 30, representing every district of the Barbershop Harmony Society, 78 chapters to be exact, with roughly 1/3 of the singers having never sung barbershop before in their lives. The chorus represents 30 US states and Canadian provinces and 73 grade schools, colleges and universities.

      Many people have expressed an interest in getting tickets for this event. Tickets are finally available. They are being sold for $25, but we are able to offer them free of charge if ordered through the website below. So if you or anyone you know is interested in tickets, please visit www.barbershopatcarnegie.com/tickets and submit a request. The tickets will be left at a special will call table in the lobby of Carnegie one hour before the event.

      If we are able to have enough audience members attend the event, we will be offered an annual opportunity to feature youth barbershop music at on the Carnegie Hall stage for years to come. This is a fantastic opportunity, not only for young singers but for the barbershop style as well, so please support No Borders in what hopes to be an inaugural offering of barbershop music at Carnegie Hall.

      Any questions can be directed to barbershopatcarnegie@...

      Thank you for your support,

      Joe Cerutti
      Music Director, Alexandria Harmonizers