Alaska Cruise with Vocal Spectrum and Rich Knight

  • dweave@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011
      There are still cabins available in all categories for next year's Smooth as Ice Alaska cruise with Vocal Spectrum and Rich Knight following the International Convention in Portland. On Sunday, July 8, motorcoaches will pick up passengers from convention hotels in Portland and take them directly to the dock in Seattle. (Cruisers not attending the convention will meet us at the dock.) When the ship returns to Seattle on July 15, motorcoaches will take passengers to the Seattle airport.

      We have been getting a lot of questions regarding the music on the cruise. There will be lots of singing every day, of course, and Rich and the Vocal Spectrum guys will be available for coaching if you should happen to have your whole quartet on board. Also, we will do a show in the ship's theater at the end of the cruise, featuring Vocal Spectrum and a mixed chorus directed by Rich. For those singing in the chorus, music will be sent out months in advance and put together at rehearsals during the cruise. Other quartets and ensembles will be welcome to audition to be part of the show as well. All scheduled music activities will take place when the ship is at sea, so no one will have to miss any shore excursions.

      If you have additional questions, or need more information, we have a web site that includes an application form that you can complete online (http://events.SignUp4.com/SmoothasIce).

      You are also welcome to contact me if you have questions.

      Doug Weaver
      President, Great Lakes Chorus
      EVP, Pioneer District
      (866) 949-9450 (office)