Re: Zoom H4N question

  • Bob McSwain
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
      OK... are you ready... pay attention... and don't blink!

      1. Turn off Zoom
      2. Plug in USB cable (small end in Zoom, large in 'puter)
      3. On the Zoom screen a menu should appear. Use the JOG to move down to
      "connect to PC"
      4. Select by pushing the JOG.
      5. After computer sees the usb device, look for it as a removable
      storage (WIN7: Start-->Computer) .
      6. Double click on the storage icon (just like you would do to browse C:) .
      7. Under the STEREO directory are your files.
      8. Drag and Drop OR Copy and Paste. (IMHO don't Cut. Let the Zoom
      format the media.)
      9. When done, use the EJECT USB to disconnect (right click on device icon).

      Bob McSwain
      CASA Ambassador - Charlotte, NC and South Carolina
    • Stephen Currington
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
        Posted by: "barinm@..." barinm@... monsterbari
        Mon Aug 1, 2011 7:18 pm (PDT)

        Hi all
        I purchased a Zoom H4N on the "advice" of all of you fine folks. I thought
        that moving music from recorder would be a simple drag and drop action, but
        at present my eyes are rolling back in my head from all the techno talk
        instructions.
        Is there someone here who can dummy speak me thru how to record music ( I
        have done that without making file or folder) and then moving that to the
        computer to record possibly to a CD?
        We could do this offline of course
        Thanks
        renee

        ========

        You might like to check this out.. It might help..
        http://www.proaudiodvds.com/product-p/h4n.htm

        Steve Currington
        de Composer
        Wellington, New Zealand
      • Stephen Currington
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
          On 3/08/2011, at 10:23 AM, Stephen Currington wrote:

          > Posted by: "barinm@..." barinm@... monsterbari
          > Mon Aug 1, 2011 7:18 pm (PDT)
          >
          > Hi all
          > I purchased a Zoom H4N on the "advice" of all of you fine folks. I thought
          > that moving music from recorder would be a simple drag and drop action, but
          > at present my eyes are rolling back in my head from all the techno talk
          > instructions.
          > Is there someone here who can dummy speak me thru how to record music ( I
          > have done that without making file or folder) and then moving that to the
          > computer to record possibly to a CD?
          > We could do this offline of course
          > Thanks
          > renee
          >
          > ========
          >
          > You might like to check this out.. It might help..
          > http://www.proaudiodvds.com/product-p/h4n.htm
          >

          > Steve Currington
          > de Composer
          > Wellington, New Zealand

          Also check the short video's on here
          http://wn.com/Zoom_H4n_Field_Recording_Tutorial_Help_Demo_Handy_Recorder

          Steve Currington
          de Composer
          Wellington, New Zealand

        • Stephen Rafe
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
            Interesting that the name, "Zoom" comes very close to a colloquilism in canine behavior -- "zoomies." It means running at full speed, usually in a circular motion! LOL

            Stephen
            STEPHEN RAFE