Re: Seeking sheet music

  • themcalexanders
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
      Ah, I love a good research project!

      Indiana University has a huge sheet music catalog, and since the Von Tilzer Brothers were Indiana songwriters, I just had an inkling you might be able to find information about the sheet music there.

      Go to this page:
      http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/inharmony/welcome.do

      And enter the text without quotes and exclamation mark in the search box at upper right, just like this:
      I'll make the pies like mother made if you'll make the dough like dad

      This brought up information about a couple copies of the sheet music, one at the Indiana Historical Society and one at the Indiana State Library, and there's contact information on the site for both of these organizations. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

      Ann McAlexander
      Capital City Chorus, Region 4, SAI
      Melodeers, Region 3, SAI
      BHS wife, mom, and Associate