Re: [bbshop] Seeking sheet music

  • Keith Eckhardt
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
      Dick,

      If you want the original, go to http://images.indianahistory.org/dc011/pdf/ihs-SHMU_05_21-01.pdf

      Keith Eckhardt
      FWD Webmaster

      From: Dick Johnson
      Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:27 AM
      To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com ; evg@... ; LOLnet@yahoogroups.com ; jaynesing@...
      Subject: [bbshop] Seeking sheet music

      Still waiting for someone to help me find a copy. The complete (?) list of Von Tilzer's
      works does not list it, but I have a xerox of page 2 of the song that is reasonable
      proof that at one time somebody had a published copy of it in their files!

      "I'll make the pies like mother made if you'll make the dough like dad!"

      W/ Billy Curtis - M/ Harry Von Tilzer

      Copyright : MCMXXIV Harry Von Tilzer Music Pub. Co. - 1587 Bdwy. NYC

      Dick Johnson
      Great Falls, MT

    • themcalexanders
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        Ah, I love a good research project!

        Indiana University has a huge sheet music catalog, and since the Von Tilzer Brothers were Indiana songwriters, I just had an inkling you might be able to find information about the sheet music there.

        Go to this page:
        http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/inharmony/welcome.do

        And enter the text without quotes and exclamation mark in the search box at upper right, just like this:
        I'll make the pies like mother made if you'll make the dough like dad

        This brought up information about a couple copies of the sheet music, one at the Indiana Historical Society and one at the Indiana State Library, and there's contact information on the site for both of these organizations. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

        Ann McAlexander
        Capital City Chorus, Region 4, SAI
        Melodeers, Region 3, SAI
        BHS wife, mom, and Associate