Seeking sheet music

  • Dick Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
      Still waiting for someone to help me find a copy. The complete (?) list of Von Tilzer's
      works does not list it, but I have a xerox of page 2 of the song that is reasonable
      proof that at one time somebody had a published copy of it in their files!

      "I'll make the pies like mother made if you'll make the dough like dad!"

      W/ Billy Curtis - M/ Harry Von Tilzer

      Copyright : MCMXXIV Harry Von Tilzer Music Pub. Co. - 1587 Bdwy. NYC

      Dick Johnson
      Great Falls, MT

    • Keith Eckhardt
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
        Dick,

        If you want the original, go to http://images.indianahistory.org/dc011/pdf/ihs-SHMU_05_21-01.pdf

        Keith Eckhardt
        FWD Webmaster

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2011
          Ah, I love a good research project!

          Indiana University has a huge sheet music catalog, and since the Von Tilzer Brothers were Indiana songwriters, I just had an inkling you might be able to find information about the sheet music there.

          Go to this page:
          http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/inharmony/welcome.do

          And enter the text without quotes and exclamation mark in the search box at upper right, just like this:
          I'll make the pies like mother made if you'll make the dough like dad

          This brought up information about a couple copies of the sheet music, one at the Indiana Historical Society and one at the Indiana State Library, and there's contact information on the site for both of these organizations. Hopefully they'll be able to help.

          Ann McAlexander
          Capital City Chorus, Region 4, SAI
          Melodeers, Region 3, SAI
          BHS wife, mom, and Associate