H4N user issues

  • Douglas Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      Hi Renee and Stephen,

      I've been using my Zoom H4N for two years now, with wonderful results. I
      record both my chorus and our quartets, and use it in my own quartet's
      practice sessions.

      I agree that the lengthy instruction manual is hard to follow in places
      (this happens so often with translations to English). However, a little
      hands on practice and things get VERY simple. I record in CD quality wav
      format and simply drag and drop those files from their folder on the H4N to
      my desktop - using the supplied USB cable. I then use Audacity (a great free
      program) to edit the files and convert them to Mp3 as needed. (DBPowerAmp is
      another excellent program for this task.)

      Let me know (privately) where you are having trouble and I'll be glad to
      walk you through the steps.

      :o)
      Doug Stewart
      Music Director