Re: [bbshop] Zoom H4N question

  • Stephen Rafe
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
      I also purchased a Zoom (mine's an H2) months ago based upon what I had read in this forum. After months of frustration I asked a high-tech professional to "interpret" the instructions for me and then teach it to me in plain English. Three weeks later, he said "too many bells and whistles" but that he would keep on working at it.

      Stephen
      STEPHEN RAFE

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
        OK... are you ready... pay attention... and don't blink!

        1. Turn off Zoom
        2. Plug in USB cable (small end in Zoom, large in 'puter)
        3. On the Zoom screen a menu should appear. Use the JOG to move down to
        "connect to PC"
        4. Select by pushing the JOG.
        5. After computer sees the usb device, look for it as a removable
        storage (WIN7: Start-->Computer) .
        6. Double click on the storage icon (just like you would do to browse C:) .
        7. Under the STEREO directory are your files.
        8. Drag and Drop OR Copy and Paste. (IMHO don't Cut. Let the Zoom
        format the media.)
        9. When done, use the EJECT USB to disconnect (right click on device icon).

        Bob McSwain
        CASA Ambassador - Charlotte, NC and South Carolina
      • Stephen Currington
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
          Posted by: "barinm@..." barinm@... monsterbari
          Mon Aug 1, 2011 7:18 pm (PDT)

          Hi all
          I purchased a Zoom H4N on the "advice" of all of you fine folks. I thought
          that moving music from recorder would be a simple drag and drop action, but
          at present my eyes are rolling back in my head from all the techno talk
          instructions.
          Is there someone here who can dummy speak me thru how to record music ( I
          have done that without making file or folder) and then moving that to the
          computer to record possibly to a CD?
          We could do this offline of course
          Thanks
          renee

          ========

          You might like to check this out.. It might help..
          http://www.proaudiodvds.com/product-p/h4n.htm

          Steve Currington
          de Composer
          Wellington, New Zealand
        • Stephen Currington
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
            On 3/08/2011, at 10:23 AM, Stephen Currington wrote:

            > Posted by: "barinm@..." barinm@... monsterbari
            > Mon Aug 1, 2011 7:18 pm (PDT)
            >
            > Hi all
            > I purchased a Zoom H4N on the "advice" of all of you fine folks. I thought
            > that moving music from recorder would be a simple drag and drop action, but
            > at present my eyes are rolling back in my head from all the techno talk
            > instructions.
            > Is there someone here who can dummy speak me thru how to record music ( I
            > have done that without making file or folder) and then moving that to the
            > computer to record possibly to a CD?
            > We could do this offline of course
            > Thanks
            > renee
            >
            > ========
            >
            > You might like to check this out.. It might help..
            > http://www.proaudiodvds.com/product-p/h4n.htm
            >

            > Steve Currington
            > de Composer
            > Wellington, New Zealand

            Also check the short video's on here
            http://wn.com/Zoom_H4n_Field_Recording_Tutorial_Help_Demo_Handy_Recorder

            Steve Currington
            de Composer
            Wellington, New Zealand

          • Stephen Rafe
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
              Interesting that the name, "Zoom" comes very close to a colloquilism in canine behavior -- "zoomies." It means running at full speed, usually in a circular motion! LOL