99522Re: [bbshop] Barbershop arrangements in Spanish.

  • Alexander Boltenko
    May 4, 2011
      Sorry - "Feliz Navidad"

      On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:52 AM, Alexander Boltenko <aboltenko@...>wrote:

      > Felis Navidad is another example
      >
      > Alexander Boltenko
      > Staying in touch...
      > 269-501-7464
      >
      > On May 4, 2011, at 1:43, "Jack W. Martin" <jackwmartin@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Dan, Ya really got me confused here . I do not think an arrangement of a
      > > song in Spanish, would change the notes of the same song arranged in
      > > English. With that said. we must be talking about converting the lyrics
      > > form English to Spanish
      > > .
      > > I would think if you are living in the area of Miami, there surely would
      > be
      > > someone in your chapter who speaks, comprehends and writes both Spanish
      > and
      > > English as well. It seems to me it would be a relatively simple task for
      > > well schooled bilingual person to to convert the English lyrics to
      > Spanish.
      > > Or am I missing something here? I too am LOL.
      > >
      > > If I have misinterpreted you question, Maybe, "I left my heart in
      > Tijuana"
      > > might be a good choice. ;-) Seriously, I think there is another song
      > > called, "Down Mexico Way". Not sure if there is a BBS arrangement or not
      > but
      > > maybe. Ask Tom Gentry, he has arranged quite an array of songs.
      > >
      > > In Harmony
      > > Jack Martin(ez)
      > > Cumming GA
      > >
      > > On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM, danielk.roberts
      > > <danielk.roberts@...>wrote:
      > >

      > >> I've been searching for barbershop arrangements and have found two
      > >> arrangements of one song: Mexicali Rose. Anyone know of any more or can
      > >> anyone recommend where I can look...Thanks so much, Danny Roberts, The
      > >> Singing Miamians of Pinecrest.

      *Alexander Boltenko *
      Russian Bass from St.Petersburg, FL
      singing with *Compound Interest* quartet
      russkibass@...
      Cell 269-501-SING (7464)
      *"Barbershop quartet singing is four guys tasting the holy essence of four
      individual mechanisms coming into complete agreement."*
      Meredith
      Willson