      From: Gary Davis
      To: 'Barbershop' ; 'Michael Ho'
      Cc: 'Larry Drake' ; 'Mike Drake'
      Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 9:41 PM
      Subject: [bbshop] responsibilities of the Music VP

      What's your chapter's Music VP's responsibilities?

      I had the same question when I became the Music VP a couple of months ago. I
      asked the board and they told me that the Music VP was:

      1. responsible for the annual chapter plan including selection of
      annual show chairman and responsible for the 5 year plan (if any)

      2. responsible with the Director for choosing section leaders

      3. responsible for calling Music Team meetings and setting their
      agenda

      4. responsible with the Director for selecting teaching quartets

      5. responsible with the Director for choosing coaches in various
      categories

      6. not responsible for choosing the chorus business manager who
      arranges appearances of the chorus

      7. not responsible for orienting guests and new members

      8. not responsible for appointing a quartet activity chairman

      9. not responsible for appointing a chorus librarian

      10. not responsible for appointing a chorus historian

      Gary Davis, Land of Lincoln Chorus, Springfield, IL