      From: David George [mailto:david_7790@...]
      Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 8:15 AM
      To: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [bbshop] Re: Warm up Tapes (was vocal instruction)

      Tapes are good for a quick warm up, but it has always been my belief
      that each individual singer should develop a tailored warmup program to
      fit his/her voice. Quartet and chorus warmups are fine to hone the voice
      to performance quality each individual should be warmed and ready to
      go. My preference is to warmup at home, and use a tape (Revival and BSQ
      are my favorites) to keep the vocal chords warm and flexible. To carry
      this one step further, I feel too much rehearsal time (quartet and chorus)
      is spent warming up.

      My opinion only - opinions are like noses- everyone has one.

      Dave George
      Bass
      Bowie Knights of Harmony
      former quarteter