      To: bruce.checca@...
      CC: bbshop@yahoogroups.com
      From: bbs10rfl@...
      Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:44:15 -0400
      Subject: RE: [bbshop] Web Cast & Stuff

      That's interesting that there is a rule. Are there any penalties associated
      with this rule? Points lost? If so, how did the Allies get fifth? They
      didn't have 90 on stage and yet used more than 16 minutes just to get on the
      stage. Salem used 16 minutes (I'm guessing) before they uttered a note.
      Now don't get me wrong. I'm not opposed to comedy, or schtick to use the
      Yiddish term. I loved the green army, the fish, even the penguins that
      Greendale did. I loved the bling and the light show that GNU did last year.
      I loved the vegetable package of TNL. I'm just saying that you have to have
      some respect for your audience. Please note also that I am not criticizing
      the probably over-long ballad of Westminster. Long, yes - but good,
      entertaining, and in perfect keeping with their package - and they didn't
      make the audience wait over-long for it to get started. I don't want to
      limit the actual presentation, only the set-up/take-down time.

      Speaking of rules. How about AVP's use of a woman who is NOT specifically a
      director? They identified her as a director. She lifted her arms (as if
      directing) a time or two but most of the time she was an actor in the scene
      - not a director. Boy was that pushing the envelope! It's probably good
      that I was not a PRS judge. I would probably have DQed them. I heard
      others in the hall saying the same thing. I've seen lots of contest
      presentations that would have been enhanced by having a woman on stage. So
      all we have to do is call her a director, let her sashay across the stage or
      be the object of the love song and it's OK? Do we really want to go there?
      If so, let's change the rules and say we can use women as props or scenery
      or whatever as long as they don't sing.

      Jeremy Reynolds

      From: bbshop@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>
      From: bbshop@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>
      <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>
      [mailto:bbshop@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bbshop%40yahoogroups.com>