Re: Gl gull HOLY COW!

  • llamas93
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 2, 2006
      --- In bbrs@yahoogroups.com, "Harris" <njtaxguy@...> wrote:
      The actual measurement from the stern edge?,(closest to
      oarlock) is 12 inches.
      I've spoken with Steve at Shaw and Tenney about oars and he
      has been very helpful.
      The oarlocks on the boat are currently mounted on the inside of
      the gunwale ,which is why the measurement from pin to pin was
      so narrow, I will be mounting them on the outsied as he
      suggested, giving it a more normal distance of 50" from pin to
      pin?
      he suggested the 8' oars ,flat blade so thats what i'm going with.

      I weighed the old 7' oars that I've been struggling with ,they
      weigh 6# each!!! I think Steve said the new one's will weigh
      about 3# each,so that and the proper mounting of the oarlock on
      the outside edge should make a big difference???