RE: Transducer mounting

  • Ron Benrey
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2003
      We had a "shoot through" transducer linked to a Navico depthsounder for many
      years in our 1987 B32. It worked okay (the hull is not cored; I took care to
      get a good epoxy "seal" between the transducer's face and the interior of
      the hull).

      HOWEVER, when it became time to replace the depthsounder, I installed a
      thruhull transducer for our new Raytheon unit. The performance--and
      reliability--are both better.

      Ron Benrey
      SeaSaw