B-36 Okeechobee

  • On the Sloop elan
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
      I've used the Okeechobee twice on West to East runs. You can call Indiantown Marina and they'll bring an empty 50 gallon drum to your boat - the drum gets attached to the end of you swung out boom - then filled with water and will create a nice list and you go under the bridge. I saw them do it and it was fast and easy. You could probably do the same thing by swapping a hard dingy - you only need a 10 to 15 degree heel to then go under the RR Bridge.
      The Okeechobee is a wonderful way to go across Florida and because it's fresh water - it will help clean the bottom and remove the salt buildup in your cooling system

      To: bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.comFrom: dbradbury4@...: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:18:10 -0500Subject: Re: [SPAM]Re: [BYOR] B-36

      Gilles,Thanks for the reply. Not worried about the ICW bridges on east coast but was hoping to take the St. Lucie Canal and Okeechobee to west coat of FL. Understand there is a 49' RR bridge on canal which will preclude using that route.Not a problem since we plan to visit Keys but thought canal might be an interesting trip one way.Don----- Original Message ----- From: LADY_M To: bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 9:14 PMSubject: [SPAM]Re: [BYOR] B-36I did all the ICW bridges all the way to Miami with my B-36 and had plenty of clearance. I am presently at Indiantown marina near Stuart and had no depth and clearance problems as everybody warned me.GillesNotre Blog: http://ca.360.yahoo.com/bayfield_ladym________________________________From: JD Jamieson <jdjamieson@...>To: bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.comSent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 12:16:19 PMSubject: Re: [BYOR] B-36Mast length is 52 feet. Height above the waterline to truck (excludes anything protruding above truck like antenna etc) is 48 feet if she is on her lines.JohnFrom: Tod Herrick Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 10:33 AMTo: bayfieldyachts@ yahoogroups. com Subject: Re: [BYOR] B-36My unofficial understanding is that the mastheight is 48' without counting windexes and antennas. I went under a 55' high bridge in NJ at high tide last summer in my B-36.TodMay the winds be fair and the seas kindly.-----Original Message-----From: dave <wind_rose_2@ yahoo.com>Subj: Re: [BYOR] B-36Date: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:01 amSize: 4KTo: bayfieldyachts@ yahoogroups. comDon if you search the past disscussions you may find it...l believe mine is around 53 ft but if you want an exact measurement remember it will vary depending on your weight in the water.DaveWind Rose ll--- On Fri, 11/28/08, Donald Bradbury <dbradbury4@cox. net> wrote:From: Donald Bradbury <dbradbury4@cox. net>Subject: [BYOR] B-36To: bayfieldyachts@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, November 28, 2008, 4:40 PMDoes anyone have an accurate mast head height for the B-36? I've measured mine several times but bridge clearance very critical for planned cruise south. Would like to compare measurements.Don Bradbury ALETEO[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<bayfieldyachts- unsubscribe@ yahoogroups. com>--- message truncated --- [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]__________________________________________________________Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2008
        I searched youtube for "sailboat bridge" and got this, I know I've seen others too.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epz6BBZm__0