B25 Trailer

  • h14patches
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2003
      Hey all,

      Anyone interested in trading a trailer for a cradle for a B25? I
      bought a bayfield on a trailer in Canada last year. I sailed the
      boat over to the US, cleared customs no problem. I'm getting a run-
      around on the trailer though. According to Customs, it must meet US
      safety standards. Since its custom built, I need to hire a broker
      ($150 or more) to import it, and put electric brakes on both axles
      (currently only on one). That'll be another $300 or so. I'm just a
      little frustrated.

      I don't have a tow vehicle anyway, so I was thinking someone might
      want to trade a cradle towards a good deal on the trailer.

      Let me know your thoughts.

      (If anyone has successfully imported a trailer, I'd love to hear your
      story as well).

      Thanks
      Kevin
    • martinkornstein
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2004
        My yard storage rates are increasing dramatically here in the New
        Jersey/New York metropolitan area and I think it is time to consider
        a trailer for my 1986 B25. A lift on/lift off would be OK. Does
        anyone know of a good used one within a day or two drive from NJ?
        The trailer must be a road one capable of at least a 65 mile trip to
        and from a storage facility. Thanks, Martin
      • michael harrigan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 14, 2004
          MARTIN
          TRIAD TRAILERS IN NEW MILFORD CT HAS BUILT TWO TRAILERS FOR ME, ONE FOR MY BAYFIELD 25 AND ONE FOR MY BAYFIELD 32. THEY ARE VERY WELL BUILT AND HIGHWAY RATED. WEB SITE TRIADTRLS@... 1 860 354 1146
          MIKE

          martinkornstein <orsauto@...> wrote:

          My yard storage rates are increasing dramatically here in the New
          Jersey/New York metropolitan area and I think it is time to consider
          a trailer for my 1986 B25. A lift on/lift off would be OK. Does
          anyone know of a good used one within a day or two drive from NJ?
          The trailer must be a road one capable of at least a 65 mile trip to
          and from a storage facility. Thanks, Martin

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • ew124876
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 29, 2012
            I have a trailer for a B25 (1978) for sale if anyone is interested. Pictures of the trailer can be seen at:

            http://www.junkheaven.com/images/B25trailer/Trailer1.JPG
            http://www.junkheaven.com/images/B25trailer/Trailer2.JPG

            The trailer is located in Panama City, FL
          • Jerry Meyer
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8, 2014
              The trailer photos that I posted show the bow about one inch short of the bow roller. This is enough "short" to make the trailer tongue about 50 pounds light--the hitch lifts off the ball.

              Jerry Meyer
              MEYER TRAINING LLC
              12669 Emmer Ct
              Apple Valley, MN 55124
              Mobile: 952-334-5759
            • Daniel Ricca
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 9, 2014
                Jerry,

                Thanks for the advice and pics.  I was able to see them and appreciate the insight on loading.

                My boat is currently on jack-stands in the front yard.

                Dan