RE: [BYOR]B-25 free Trailboards

  • jamie garnier
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
      Gary
      I would be interested and could come up in 2 weeks.
      Jamie

      On the Sloop elan <sloopelan@...> wrote:

      I've decided to remove the trailboards from my 77 B-25 and go "without" - in my "if I don't want it you can have it" system - if you want them they're yours - but you have to come and take them off because I'll just use a prybar..
      You can see pics of them at www.picasaweb.google.com/elancanada
      The boat is in Bronte (Oakville) Ontario -

    • flyerfredd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
        Any chance the B25 trailboards are the same size as the B29? I need one for the starboard side and would go remove them if they fit the B29.

        Thanks in advance,

        Fred Deveaux

        I've decided to remove the trailboards from my 77 B-25 and go "without" - in my "if I don't want it you can have it" system - if you want them they're yours - but you have to come and take them off because I'll just use a prybar..
        You can see pics of them at www.picasaweb.google.com/elancanada
        The boat is in Bronte (Oakville) Ontario -

      • On the Sloop elan
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
          I have no idea if they are the same size as a B-29 and I'm 45-min away from the boat so can't measure them until Saturday at the earliest

          To: bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.comFrom: flyerfredd@...: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:25:29 -0400Subject: Re: [BYOR]B-25 free Trailboards

          Any chance the B25 trailboards are the same size as the B29? I need one for the starboard side and would go remove them if they fit the B29.Thanks in advance,Fred Deveaux---- Original Message ----From: On the Sloop elan <sloopelan@...>To: bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.comSent: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 4:39 pmSubject: RE: [BYOR]B-25 free TrailboardsI've decided to remove the trailboards from my 77 B-25 and go "without" - in my "if I don't want it you can have it" system - if you want them they're yours - but you have to come and take them off because I'll just use a prybar..You can see pics of them at www.picasaweb.google.com/elancanadaThe boat is in Bronte (Oakville) Ontario - __________________________________________________________News, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Get it now!http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx%5bNon-text portions of this message have been removed]__________________________________________________________Need a free e-mail account? Get one now at Mail.AOL.ca[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • Mac
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
            54 ¾ inches long and 7 1/8 high, these are at the longest and highest
            dimensions.

            Gary since you have my old B-25 and my present one is setting in the
            driveway waiting for the rain to stop so I can get it ready for winter
            storage in the barn you will not have to measure yours, might check them but
            I am sure they are the same, both are 1977 B-25’s.

            Mac

            _____

            I have no idea if they are the same size as a B-29 and I'm 45-min away from
            the boat so can't measure them until Saturday at the earliest

            To: bayfieldyachts@ <mailto:bayfieldyachts%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
            yahoogroups.comFrom: flyerfredd@aol. <mailto:flyerfredd%40aol.comDate>
            comDate: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:25:29 -0400Subject: Re: [BYOR]B-25 free
            Trailboards

            Any chance the B25 trailboards are the same size as the B29? I need one for
            the starboard side and would go remove them if they fit the B29.Thanks in
            advance,Fred Deveaux---- Original Message ----From: On the Sloop elan
            <sloopelan@hotmail. <mailto:sloopelan%40hotmail.com> com>To: bayfieldyachts@
            <mailto:bayfieldyachts%40yahoogroups.comSent> yahoogroups.comSent: Sat, 29
            Sep 2007 4:39 pmSubject: RE: [BYOR]B-25 free TrailboardsI've decided to
            remove the trailboards from my 77 B-25 and go "without" - in my "if I don't
            want it you can have it" system - if you want them they're yours - but you
            have to come and take them off because I'll just use a prybar..You can see
            pics of them at www.picasaweb.google.com/elancanadaThe boat is in Bronte
            (Oakville) Ontario -
            message have been removed]

          • Errol Remington
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
              I would also be interested in the trail boards for my B25 if the B29 doesn't work out. One of mine is split badly and the other is deteriorated. I live in Salt Lake City but am willing to pay what you think is fair for shipping and handling. I am redoing all the wood on my boat now and getting a boat cover made. I've got most of the wood stripped down but am not going to get it all finished with seven coats of cetol until spring. Our winter seems to be coming early this year we had snow Saturday and frost last night.

              Any chance the B25 trailboards are the same size as the B29? I need one for the starboard side and would go remove them if they fit the B29.

              Thanks in advance,

              Fred Deveaux

              I've decided to remove the trailboards from my 77 B-25 and go "without" - in my "if I don't want it you can have it" system - if you want them they're yours - but you have to come and take them off because I'll just use a prybar..
              You can see pics of them at www.picasaweb.google.com/elancanada
              The boat is in Bronte (Oakville) Ontario -

            • bcaward
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
                I sent you an email about removing them carefully and selling them to
                me; I'm not sure if you got it. I got a reply from you, but it was
                blank (so I thought there might have been a problem with my message
                also).

                I checked and it looks like you're just south of Toronto, right?
                That's about 4 hours each way for me. I'm thinking, I'm thinking....

                I see that the poster above is looking for the starboard board, I'm
                actually looking for a portside one. (And I think they're the same size
                as the B29's, at least they look the same.)

                If you could get them off in one piece (OK, two pieces), maybe you
                could make two peoples' day.

                Bruce
              • Scott Donaldson
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
                  For all you guys looking for new trail boards....
                  I made new ones for my B-25 this year and have a pattern and the
                  ability to make new in my wood working shop at home, I made mine
                  from cedar but can use any type of material desired.
                  I did not carve mine out just as a peronal choice but can do that
                  too, as I have the ones removed to use as a carving guide.
                  If interested, just let me now, I can do this for a reasonable price
                  I'm not in this for the money, just cover the costs.
                  You can see what I have done in my photo file " the barnacle reborn "

                  Regards, Scott.