Decided to buy B36 - Now to find a good one

  • tinker5252
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hello all,

      So, it's time. After months of looking at all the boats out there
      and weighing all the pros and cons, it's looks like we've decided on
      the
      Bayfield 36 to take us to our next phase of life, cruising and
      exploring this
      planet.

      I would love for the group to tell me what a smart decision I've
      made, and
      while you're at it, help me find the boat out there that will enable
      this transition.

      By doing this you will provide me with the happiest day of my life,
      and the
      seller with his as well.

      Does anybody know of any late model, one-owner, fully-equipped for
      cruising
      Bayfield 36's in exellent condition for under $50,000? How about
      $60k? ( I
      know, I know, but a fellow can dream can't he, that's what got me
      here.)

      And if you will, please help me identify the gotchas that one should
      look for
      when evaluating Bayfield 36's.

      Thanks,
      Boo Inks
      Austin, TX
    • SV-CHRISTEPHANIE
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
        I just bought that boat!
        But while searching l discovered another one in Eastern Ontario (Canada) a fresh water boat.original owner etc.been on the hard for a year email me and i'll try to find the owners info.
        Dave
        tinker5252 <boo@...> wrote:Hello all,

[...]

        Visit the BYOR website: <http://www.geocities.com/bayfieldyachts>
        Site Sponsor: Haliburton Enterprises <http://www.HalEnt.ca>

      • JimRox
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
          Here is the e-mail address of the owner of the B36 for sale here in Ontario. Its a beautiful boat but you won't get it for 50K or 60K US!
          Good luck.

          Jim

          rjbayley@...

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
            Yep...thats him!
            Ralph Bayley...he is handling the sale for the owner who, unfortunatly, has been hospitilized.
            Trident Yacht Club on Lake Ontario near Kingston.
            Dave
            JimRox <ouellette4930@...> wrote:Here is the e-mail address of the owner of the B36 for sale here in Ontario. Its a beautiful boat but you won't get it for 50K or 60K US!
            Good luck.

            Jim

            rjbayley@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
              Is that the same boat listed on boattrader.com for $99,900? Says call Doug at
              705-527-0442 ... If you guys have a chance check yachtworld.com for a B36
              in Nashville and tell me what you think. Dave, I wish you hadn't bought my
              boat! ( :-)

              Boo

              --- In bayfieldyachts@y..., SV-CHRISTEPHANIE <svchristephanie@y...>

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
                Boo Inks <boo@...> wrote:Is that the same boat listed on boattrader.com for $99,900? Says call Doug at

                wrote:

                > Yep...thats him!
                > Ralph Bayley...he is handling the sale for the owner who, unfortunatly, has
                been hospitilized.
                > Trident Yacht Club on Lake Ontario near Kingston.
                > Dave
                > JimRox <ouellette4930@r...> wrote:Here is the e-mail address of the owner
                of the B36 for sale here in Ontario. Its a beautiful boat but you won't get it for
                50K or 60K US!
                > Good luck.
                >
                > Jim
                >
                > rjbayley@c...

                the one in boattrader is the one l bought it is also on yachtworlds site.

                someone on this group has seen that one in nashville and advised that the boat is in BAD condition and the photo is VERY OLD!!

              • JimRox
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
                  The B36 in Nashville looks like a good buy. I have been keeping an eye on B36 and B42 for sale these last few years, with the hope of buying one in the future (if I ever win a lottery!!). The Nashville boat would be worth investigating.

                  Jim