Bayfield 25 vs Seaward 25

  • mjsiega
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      What are some of your opinions/comments of the Bayfield 25 compared to
      the Seaward 25? (The Seaward 25 is a foam cored shallow draft pocket
      cruiser with a wing keeel). Thanks.

      -Mark
    • morgan4050
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        Mark:
        I'm not familiar with the Seaward 25 but I am with my B-25 and I'm
        guessing that the Seaward is faster under power. I just did a major
        refit including smooth bottom and prop but I'm still barely making 5
        knots under power.
        Now sailing, especially in small craft warning conditions, that's
        where the boat excels..
        I think I got a picture of Grace just before launch in "photos."
        Rick

        --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com, "mjsiega" <mjsiega@y...> wrote:

        > What are some of your opinions/comments of the Bayfield 25 compared to
        > the Seaward 25? (The Seaward 25 is a foam cored shallow draft pocket
        > cruiser with a wing keeel). Thanks.
        >
        > -Mark

      • scottgregory
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
          Mark;

          --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com, "mjsiega" <mjsiega@y...> wrote:

          > What are some of your opinions/comments of the Bayfield 25 compared
          > the Seaward 25? (The Seaward 25 is a foam cored shallow draft pocket
          > cruiser with a wing keeel). Thanks.

          I do not have first-hand experience with both boats, but from their
          specs and descriptions, they are quite different boats.

          The Bayfield is a heavy cruiser, at her best in heavy air, and fine in
          most any weather.

          The Seaward is a more 'new' traditional keel boat, meaning lighter,
          faster in light air, likely easier to trailer therefore, etc.

          SO, the choice is really the kind of sailing you will be doing in the
          kind of conditions likely to encounter. If you get a chance to test-
          sail both, that would be best, alternately, what have you sailed/owned
          before, and perhaps other people can draw other comparisons for you.

          Good Luck
          Scott B29 "Discovery"