Re: [BYOR] Sails for a B-25

  • BIll Nowlin
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 2, 2005
      Robert,

      Go to pyyacht.com and follow the link to rig
      dimensions.

      Good Luck
      Bill

      --- jack harbaugh <jack_w_harbaugh@...> wrote:

      > Robert, I'm sure some one on this group will have
      > the answer for you. But you can go to any good sail
      > maker, they will have the numbers. If your lucky,
      > they might have an inventory of used sails they will
      > point you to.
      >
      > Good luck,
      >
      > robertwbowser <robertwbowser@...> wrote:
      > I have just started fixing up a neglected B-25. When
      > the owner skipped
      > out on the marina bills he took the sails. Anyone
      > know the
      > measurements so I can find a reasonable set of used
      > sails?
      > Thanks in advance!

      > Yacht delivery Yacht financing Mega yacht Bayfield
      > mortgage Sailing yacht Motor yacht

      > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      >

      > ---------------------------------
      >

      > Regards,
      >
      > Jack Harbaugh
      > Yacht Broker
      > Tartan C&C Yachts of Ohio
      > 3409 East Liberty Ave.
      > Vermilion, OH 44089
      > 330-608-4642 cell
      > 440-967-8950 Office

      > removed]

      __________________________________
      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chuck
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2005
        Robert...I've got an 88 b-25 that I can measure some sails for you if
        you get stuck.. I can only measure the jibs, as they are at home.
        The main is still on the boom in the boat.
        Do you have a preference for jibs? I have a 150 genny a 135 genny a
        standard jib and a storm jib. Let me know and I'll try to get the
        measurments for you within a couple of days.

        --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com, "robertwbowser"
        <robertwbowser@y...> wrote:
        > I have just started fixing up a neglected B-25. When the owner
        skipped
        > out on the marina bills he took the sails. Anyone know the
        > measurements so I can find a reasonable set of used sails?
        > Thanks in advance!
      • morgan4050
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005
          Robert:
          I have an old set I can sell you inexpensively to get you started, if
          you like.
          Rick Williams
          B-25

        • teasley@nbnet.nb.ca
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2005
            We are seriously considering sailing or trucking our B32c down
            from the Maritimes to the Gulf Coast next summer and leaving it
            there for a "winter retreat". Do any of our southern or well travelled
            Bayfield folks know of a reasonable marina for us "lowly
            pensioners" that allows liveaboards, has haul out facilities and is
            hurricane safe? I'm "Googling", but first hand experience is
            usually a safer bet. You could contact me off the list at my e-mail
            below.
            Thanks, Tim
            S/V Pegasus - 1980 B32c
            A.T.(Tim) Easley Tel (506) 529-3398
            21 Queen Street Cell(506) 754-5937
            St Andrews, NB Fax (506) 529-4820
            E5B 1C1 e-mail teasley@...
          • Robert Bowser
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 5, 2005
              Sounds great. How much life do think is left in them?
              And how much would you like for them?

              Thanks very much for the offer. I look forward to
              hearing from you.

              -Robert

              --- morgan4050 <rick@...> wrote:

              > Robert:
              > I have an old set I can sell you inexpensively to
              > get you started, if
              > you like.
              > Rick Williams
              > B-25
              >

              > --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com,
              > "robertwbowser"
              > <robertwbowser@y...> wrote:
              > > I have just started fixing up a neglected B-25.
              > When the owner
              > skipped
              > > out on the marina bills he took the sails. Anyone
              > know the
              > > measurements so I can find a reasonable set of
              > used sails?
              > > Thanks in advance!

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • danwarburton
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 23, 2005
                I think you mean pyacht.com

                Here is the listing
                I J P E
                BAYFIELD 25 30.00 11.00 24.75 10.00

                --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com, BIll Nowlin <bnowlin48@y...> wrote:

                > Robert,
                >
                > Go to pyyacht.com and follow the link to rig
                > dimensions.
                >
                > Good Luck
                > Bill
                >
                > --- jack harbaugh <jack_w_harbaugh@y...> wrote:
                >
                > > Robert, I'm sure some one on this group will have
                > > the answer for you. But you can go to any good sail
                > > maker, they will have the numbers. If your lucky,
                > > they might have an inventory of used sails they will
                > > point you to.
                > >
                > > Good luck,
                > >
                > > robertwbowser <robertwbowser@y...> wrote:
                > > I have just started fixing up a neglected B-25. When
                > > the owner skipped
                > > out on the marina bills he took the sails. Anyone
                > > know the
                > > measurements so I can find a reasonable set of used
                > > sails?
                > > Thanks in advance!

                > > Yacht delivery Yacht financing Mega yacht Bayfield
                > > mortgage Sailing yacht Motor yacht

                > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                > >

                > > ---------------------------------
                > >

                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > Jack Harbaugh
                > > Yacht Broker
                > > Tartan C&C Yachts of Ohio
                > > 3409 East Liberty Ave.
                > > Vermilion, OH 44089
                > > 330-608-4642 cell
                > > 440-967-8950 Office

                > > removed]
                > >

                > __________________________________
                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Robert Bowser
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 23, 2005
                  Thanks for the headsup. Once Wilma gets out of my hair
                  (Price of living in sunny south Florida) I am going to
                  get her pulled, hull done, and order some sails.
                  Thanks again-
                  Robert

                  __________________________________
                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Norm Rosolen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 25, 2005
                    Here's the reply I got from the lee sails rep ...

                    Now, I notice that the specifications you give are not
                    the standard. Can you please give me a call so that
                    we can discuss the difference. For example, the
                    standard P measusrement is 25.62 and the E = 9.95
                    almost the
                    same but a big difference in the P. We constructed
                    hundreds of sails for this boat from 1977 until the
                    company went bankrupt so we know that our measurements
                    are correct.

                    The J and I measuremtns are closer. Our J = 10.5 and
                    I = 28 I'm very interested in your comment about the
                    present main being a Kangaroo - not a familiar name
                    here. Most of the sails made before we obtained the
                    contract in 1977 were made by Vector Sails.

                  • Dennis Collingwood
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
                      Robert
                      I have a working jib from my Bayfield 25 as well as a main i had made. Let
                      me knbow if you interested
                      Dennis
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 7, 2005
                        Dennis-

                        What condition are they in, and what price were you
                        thinking?

                        Thanks for your response. Biscayne Bay is too pretty
                        to not be out sailing on.

                        -Robert

                        --- Dennis Collingwood <coll1@...> wrote:

                        > Robert
                        > I have a working jib from my Bayfield 25 as well as
                        > a main i had made. Let
                        > me knbow if you interested
                        > Dennis

                        __________________________________
                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • R CRAFT

                          I have an old set I can sell you inexpensively to get you started, if
                          you like.
                          Rick Williams
                          B-25

                          Yacht financing Mega yacht Motor yacht Yacht Yacht management Bayfield real estate

                          ---------------------------------

                        • Dennis Collingwood
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 9, 2005
                            Brandon, Manitoba I put $250 on both, have a picture if your interested

                            I have an old set I can sell you inexpensively to get you started, if
                            you like.
                            Rick Williams
                            B-25

                            Yacht financing Mega yacht Motor yacht Yacht Yacht management Bayfield real
                            estate

                            Bayfield mortgage Sailing yacht Motor yacht

                            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                            Visit your group "bayfieldyachts" on the web.