Re: Tiller/Rudder Head Play

  • danwarburton
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2004

      > Thanks for the advice Mac, it confirms what I was thinking for
      repairing the
      > tiller/
      > rudder attachment point. Would a bolt and nut be an improvement
      instead of a
      > bolt
      > into threaded hole, what are your thoughts?

      I guess he doesn't think much of it.

      I have a similar problem and don't want to try to tap the fitting.

      Edson Sailboat Products have a replacement part for:

      1 1/2" wide Tiller, 1" diameter rudderpost with 1/4 keyways.

      Would this fit? Done any measurements?
    • danwarburton
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2004
        To follow up on my own posting, I measured my rudder stock and
        the edson part appears to be the correct size. I'll put on in the
        spring.

        --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com, "danwarburton"