Re: [BYOR] Digest Number 516

  • b29ig@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
      Dan -

      I saw a B25 moored on Lake Charlevoix last summer. I think the bay was called Oyster Bay. There was no name on her. Is she yours? -- I also talked with someone (you?) in Boyne City who had a B25 on the lake... that was a really blustery day and the individual I was speaking to was anchored off of a park area (hoping the anchor held). Sometime in early/mid July.

      We came across from the WI side in our B29 and made it as far north as Harbor Springs before turning back. We really liked the Leeland and Charlevoix areas. (Except for the two days of rain and waves in the Boyne City municipal while we were there).

      I had always heard the Bayfields were laid up quite heavy-- I have not cut thru the bottom, so I can't say. Maybe they got thinner as the years went by?

      Nick
      B29 # 108, "Island Girl"

    • Dan Singer
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
        Yes, The 25 on Oyster Bay is mine. "windego" has her name on the side!
        I also beleieve the Bayfield layups got thinner with time. There is
        another B25 in the public Dockage at Boyne City an older model approx
        1973.
        Dan

        > Dan -
        >
        > I saw a B25 moored on Lake Charlevoix last summer. I think the bay
        was called Oyster Bay. There was no name on her. Is she yours? -- I
        also talked with someone (you?) in Boyne City who had a B25 on the
        lake... that was a really blustery day and the individual I was
        speaking to was anchored off of a park area (hoping the anchor held).
        Sometime in early/mid July.

        > We came across from the WI side in our B29 and made it as far north
        as Harbor Springs before turning back. We really liked the Leeland and
        Charlevoix areas. (Except for the two days of rain and waves in the
        Boyne City municipal while we were there).

        > I had always heard the Bayfields were laid up quite heavy-- I have
        not cut thru the bottom, so I can't say. Maybe they got thinner as the
        years went by?

        > Nick
        > B29 # 108, "Island Girl"

        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/YmoolB/TM