electric propulsion

  • dan.randolph
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
      We are planning on repowering our Bayfield 29 with an electric motor. There is a great Yahoo chat group dedicated to this, but it is on my other computer so I can't give the link.

      Curious if anyone has repowered a 29 to electric (or 32 probably). My questions if you have are:
      motor
      propeller
      batteries (amp hour more than type)
      performance

      Thanks, and when we get ours done we will make sure to give full details to all.

      - Dan
    • chilly_willie_2005
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
        Check out this article:

        http://www.goodoldboat.com/promo_pdfs/May11_Promo.pdf

        --- In bayfieldyachts@yahoogroups.com, "dan.randolph" <danlrandolph@...> wrote:

        > We are planning on repowering our Bayfield 29 with an electric motor. There is a great Yahoo chat group dedicated to this, but it is on my other computer so I can't give the link.
        >
        > Curious if anyone has repowered a 29 to electric (or 32 probably). My questions if you have are:
        > motor
        > propeller
        > batteries (amp hour more than type)
        > performance
        >
        > Thanks, and when we get ours done we will make sure to give full details to all.
        >
        > - Dan

      • somaspack
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 7, 2012
          Nigel Calder has been extensively researching and writing on this subject for the past few years. Check out previous Sail or Cruising World magazines for his articles, or search the Web. You will find a lot of good information on his pioneering work. Good luck and report back!

          Scott
          B29 #17, Jolah