Re: [BYOR] Re: B25 Leak at rudder post

  • Hans Lankamp
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
      I had the same issue and solved it years ago by adding a grease nipple midway the rudder post.  I re-apply grease, while turning the rudder back and forth.  I do this about once every five years.  The grease lubricates and serves as a barrier to water that gets pushed up by the prop.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2011
        Paul and I exchange a few emails last fall, and I proposes a solution.

        In order to ensure that the waxed cord stayed in position, I sourced a high tech low tension plastic spring to keep it in position. After several field tests this boating season, I can confidentally report that there has been no leakage whatsoever. I will post a picture in the "23 25 Maintenance" album.

        Dick
        B25 Marling

        p.s. the spring is available for $20 from spline of the "Ports and Passes tide,current and charts book", however, the cost is negligible if a previous year issue is used.