B29C Under Sole - Seking a Photo

  • kmw12lt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      I'm considering purchasing a B 29C that took in quite a bit of rain water and had about an inch of standing water on the sole. I'm an accomplished carpenter so I'm sure I can lay a new sole but was wondering if anyone had a picture of a B29C with the sole removed so I could see what I might get into. If anyone has such a photo, could they please email it to me or post it on the site.

      Thanks.
    • Brenda E
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
        Exact same thing happened to us. We pulled up all the old teak and holly.
        Keeping it as intact as we can for a pattern. We are in the process of doing
        interior work so we have not replaced the flooring but there is nothing but
        white fiberglass under there. We've been living with the fiberglass sole for
        the past year. Not a problem with walking on it whatsoever-but of course the
        teak & holly looks a million percent better. We also added another fuel tank
        under the bilge so having the floor up aided in that exercise. The extra
        fuel tank is in the forward part of the shallow section of bilge and is
        connected by hose to the main tank which we also replaced due to corrosion
        problems. All in all the timing was not good but we found the leaking tank
        right after installing a new engine so if it happened at any time it was the
        best time prior to the new flooring going back down. If you want photos I
        can snap some of the bare floor but it is really nothing special, just white
        fiberglass. Our sole was about 1/8 of an inch thick so there is not much of
        it and very fragile so it was a bear getting the section out through the
        companionway opening. We actually did have to cut a section as it would not
        come all the way out without either removing the top or cutting off a piece,
        we opted for cutting. Let me know if you still want a photo, we have a B32
        but in essence we are the same boat. :-) Since you are an accomplished
        carpenter, you have nothing to be concerned about.

        Tim and Brenda

        _____