staysail sheet

  • slow_leak39
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2010
      I ran my staysail sheet inside of the upper shroud. It was outside but I couldnt sheet it in far enough, plus it was much too close to the yankee at their respective leeches' Of course, now it cant be let out for a run or broad reach. Am I thinking right? My boat is a B29 cutter rig, in case you havent guessed.
      Thanks,Dan
    • JD Jamieson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2010
        The staysail sheet should be led inside the shrouds. I have a track on my B36 and had one on my B32 which allowed the sheet block to be moved back and forth easily to compensate for different points of sail. Both headsails should be sheeted to maximize the slot. For fine tuning, set up the yankee first, then the staysail, then the main.

        John