RE: [BYOR] Bayfield 25--Rigging tension?

  • Gary Hegg
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1 7:55 AM
      Kevin

      Thanks for the info.  Our address is Gary Hegg, POBox 646, Pie Town, NM 87827.  Any and all info we really welcome.  I do starve the engine, but didn't know about the diodes and the key, but think I have waited until she as shut down.  I have a fellow out here that was in the merchant marine, and has been very helpful with regards to what she might need..  Several of the things he brought up were in the survey, ie bent turnbuckles, etc.

      We spent several months in Mexico last year and brought a improved lot there at San Felipe on the baja.  We have been living in the mountains for 16 yrs, and really miss the water.  The Butte is 3 hrs from us, and we have the excuse docked there.  Our plan is to take her to Mexico in the winter, then trailer her around the northern lakes here in New Mexico.

      We hope the proposed purchase works out for you, and what a great way to raise kids, on water and sailing.  At 66 I still remember my preteen yrs, growing up in Ohio in the country, loved it.  That time of my life was so great that I took a 6 day, 4,000 mile ride two years ago on my bike, just to drive down the street.  I was there a total of 90 minutes, but it was something I had wanted to do for years.  Lousy weather, but I would do it all over again.

      Have a great day, and again, thanks,   gary
      From: Alycia & Kevin Miller-Lynch <ak@.... com <mailto:ak%40twcny. rr.com> >
      To: bayfieldyachts@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:bayfieldyac hts%40yahoogroup s..com>
      Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010, 3:31 AM

      Gary –

      Here’s some links to the mast lowering in operation.

      Kevin

      http://www.youtube com/watch? v=vqXpNO3enSM

      http://www.youtube com/watch? v=hYWldlMlY1Q

      http://www.youtube com/watch? v=rNyCyHrbEAY

      From: charlie cummings <charlie44nc@ yahoo.com <mailto:charlie44nc %40yahoo... com> >
      To: bayfieldyachts@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:bayfieldyac hts%40yahoogroup s...com>
      Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 2:51 AM

      Did you used to work with challenger offshore in Mo. ?