Getting Started with the Pathfinder Society: my first post

  • Painlord
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hey All--

      If you're new to the Pathfinder Society, these are the steps I'd take to learn more, get rules, build a character, and begin to kick ass.

      Easy first steps:

      1) Join this group!
      2) Create a Pathfinder Society account here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety). All pdfs are downloaded from this account..and you'll get your Pathfinder Play number.

      Medium Steps:

      3) Download the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play (free)...it's the character creation guide for Pathfinder Society.
      4) Download the Traits guide (free, http://paizo.com/traits)

      After reading the above character creation guide, you should have a good feel for things. It has a very Living Greyhawk feel...and then it adds to that.

      Last Steps:

      5) From there, buy the $9.99 down-loadable, hyperlinked PDF* (or buy the hardcover book) and read and enjoy. Dream about what character you want to build.
      6) Best HeroForge like character builder is here: http://chargen.us.splinder.com/ . Not sure all the traits are available on that yet.
      7) There are more than a few download-able Character Sheets...your google search may vary.

      What else have I learned?

      Your Pathfinder Account
      1) Allows you to download both free and paid Pathfinder Society PDFs*.
      2) Is where you create and manage your character information.
      3) Is where you go to download and report modules you've run.
      4) Is your avatar on the Pathfinder forums.

      Have more questions or more advice for people? Add them to this entry!

      Thanks.
      -Rand

      * = As a security measure, all of the paid PDFs are personalized to you and your account. Before downloading, you need to follow directions to generate a personalized PDF before downloading. These files are always available from your account.
    • steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
        Going through Hero Forge on their 3.5 side, there are a few Pathfinder pc builders. Just remember to proof the pc afterwards to make sure it is correct for the 3.75 rules. Also, it doesn't support some of the Traits one can use.

      • Jerry Cummings
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
          HeroLab has a pretty decent paid chargen that includes Pathfinder Society rules (i.e. 1 xp per mod, 3 to level up, etc.) and includes traits as well. I think it is $30 for the year.

          --- In bayareapatherfinder@yahoogroups.com, "Painlord" <ultirand@...> wrote:

          > Hey All--
          >
          > If you're new to the Pathfinder Society, these are the steps I'd take to learn more, get rules, build a character, and begin to kick ass.
          >
          > Easy first steps:
          >
          > 1) Join this group!
          > 2) Create a Pathfinder Society account here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety). All pdfs are downloaded from this account..and you'll get your Pathfinder Play number.
          >
          > Medium Steps:
          >
          > 3) Download the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play (free)...it's the character creation guide for Pathfinder Society.
          > 4) Download the Traits guide (free, http://paizo.com/traits)
          >
          > After reading the above character creation guide, you should have a good feel for things. It has a very Living Greyhawk feel...and then it adds to that.
          >
          > Last Steps:
          >
          > 5) From there, buy the $9.99 down-loadable, hyperlinked PDF* (or buy the hardcover book) and read and enjoy. Dream about what character you want to build.
          > 6) Best HeroForge like character builder is here: http://chargen.us.splinder.com/ . Not sure all the traits are available on that yet.
          > 7) There are more than a few download-able Character Sheets...your google search may vary.
          >
          > What else have I learned?
          >
          > Your Pathfinder Account
          > 1) Allows you to download both free and paid Pathfinder Society PDFs*.
          > 2) Is where you create and manage your character information.
          > 3) Is where you go to download and report modules you've run.
          > 4) Is your avatar on the Pathfinder forums.
          >
          > Have more questions or more advice for people? Add them to this entry!
          >
          > Thanks.
          > -Rand
          >

          > * = As a security measure, all of the paid PDFs are personalized to you and your account. Before downloading, you need to follow directions to generate a personalized PDF before downloading. These files are always available from your account.

        • Robert Brambley
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
            Well since this is devoted to PF Society:

            My character is:

            Taiygon Hoarbeard   Dwarf 1st level Fighter
            Tower Shield-Dwarven Waraxe wielding tank

            Robert

            There's little doubt that our country is completely messed up....but at least we're saving the salmon!

            Going through Hero Forge on their 3.5 side, there are a few Pathfinder pc builders. Just remember to proof the pc afterwards to make sure it is correct for the 3.75 rules. Also, it doesn't support some of the Traits one can use.

          • Grogimus
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
              would it be possible for a link to the rules on building pc's as well as if it would be possible to play online i was diagnosed with cancer so i can't travle like i used to and woudl love to either contiune LG or start pathfinder

              Grog Wilsnatch
              Half Orc two weapon fighter
              Formerly an elven prince
              Only Half-Orc officer in the Mountianeers [grand march specail forcers]

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 2009
                Here is a link to obtain the Guide to their Society Play - a free PDF download.

                Here is a link to their Roleplaying Game product line - from there you can check out links to their core rule book etc; almost all products are PDF capable.

                Here is a link to the Society Play aspect.  There you can register your character, etc.

                You'll need to register an account at Paizo.com to obtain downloads, and beging your society career.

                Hope this helps.