Re: ?? for musicians re the union

  • ajoiy
    Message 1 of 4460 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hey Jeff: <br> I personally have never been in a
      musicians union. However I have a friend who�s father put
      him in the musicians union in Stockton when he was 14
      years old. As I understand it, this has set him up for
      retirement. I believe there are some insurance benefits as
      well. So if you are the type of person that can start
      something and keep it going through to the end, then it
      might benefit you in that way. <br> I have heard
      musicians that have actually benefited from the job board
      in some unions. Since you are in the bay area, it
      might be more worth it for you to join. My friend has
      never been referred to a job from the Stockton union.
      feeling is that you should go to the union office in your
      town and inquire as to what the benefits are. People
      will tell you many things, but a quick trip down to
      the office where you can speak to a representative
      should give you the best answer. Good luck, and union or
      not keep on
      groovin�!<br>PEACE!!!.................................AJ
    • Linda Marie
      Message 4460 of 4460 , Sep 9, 2006
        I guess I meant Jack's Weekend Blues At A Glance. Also, Joe, you
        started right out being the little shit you are. I guess some are
        just born right.
        :)
        xo

        --- In bayareablues@yahoogroups.com, "Linda Marie" <bluesin1@...>
        wrote:

        > Ok, while all of you are down there in the Bay bluesin', I am
        sittin
        > here reading club messages from the inception of the club. Cool
        > feature. I hadn't been able to sit to long in front of a computer
        > the [ast few years, or even gotten out much. 2 years of school
        and
        > being born with a bad spine (not under a bad sign) did me in there
        > for awhile.
        > ANYWAY, wow, look at the club Weekend At A Glance back then. That
        > is what it was called before I delegated all that hard work out to
        > Jack (he get's the Bay papers and I didn't), and before he dubbed
        it
        > Jack's Weekend At A Glance...which is well deserved.
        >
        > Geeze, how did I work two jobs and get down to the Bay so much for
        > Blues in those days? I musta done wore myself (and my bank
        account
        > as I had to work to jobs to pay for my bluesin') out cuz geeze,
        just
        > the thought of those down and backers these days wears me out.
        >
        > Anyway, if some of you have a quiet time, friends on the Bose as I
        > do now, have some fun with the first club messages. More than one
        > has mentioned that I have created a monster. Monster
        > Bluesin'...yeah.
        >
        > Ok, well, all is well here...hope to see some of you soon. Artie
        > and gang, hope to see you Wed and have a great birthday tomorrow.
        > Steve and gang, hope to see you Tuesday as I know I am going to
        miss
        > that place. I just love Albany! I love the Ivy Room too.
        > Lots of blues still goin' on though, just look at JWAAG.
        >
        > Like I said before jcblues, I knew I picked a great co-founder in
        > you and I don't give a shit what Yahoo! calls you now. AND, this
        IS
        > the Bay Area Blues Club. Lively scene on the net for the Bay
        Area!!!