Re: Ron Hacker's movie on DVD!

  • Jack C.`
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
      There's more--Juce Garcia got an uncredited part in Ron's film and
      can be seen hanging out by the Saloon's jukebox...When I saw the film
      on the day it was released I was squirming in my seat wondering if I
      could endure another minute of sweetness until the scene in the
      Saloon came on and at the first stroke from Ron's guitar the movie
      got into high gear and--(I'm not gonna give you any hints...you'll
      have to find out on your own). My netflix copy got delivered today
      and it'll be forced on my roommates in the next day or so.

      Y'all might want to make it a North Beach double feature and order up
      a copy of "Twisted" staring Ashley Judd. One scene includes music
      from the Saloon's jukebox with Johnny Nitro briefly heard singing
      his "One More Nite" with the Doorslammers (the whole song can be
      heard on the soundtrack cd) and the Saloon's interior and an upstairs
      room where Ashley gets some Ash are the best reasons for seeing this
      2004 release...if you didn't see it when it was released this is as
      good an excuse as any.

      If you're up for a movie marathon get a copy of "The Wild Parrots of
      Telegraph Hill" in which Tommy Castro's drummer, Chris Sandoval, who
      was a Doorslammer when this great documentary was shot, can be seen
      20 minutes in walking out of The Saloon. This one's for the whole
      family.

      Speaking of juke boxes--the one I won from Rhino Records via Tower
      Records showed up today and it is a beast. Most of the set up
      instructions seem to be mostly in German. Once I get it set up
      you're all invited over to feed your dollars and coins into it to
      help offset the tax bill I'll get next year!

      That's it--the balcony is closed!

      Jack

      --- In bayareablues@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Lempkowski" <mr_jlemko@...>
      wrote:

      > Last year, my wife and I ran into Ron in the city. She had never
      seen
      > him perform before. On the ride home, she mentioned that he looked
      > really familiar and then remembered that she had just seen that
      movie.

      > --- In bayareablues@yahoogroups.com, dianerockwell <no_reply@>
      wrote:

      > > For those of you who didn't catch it in its theatrical release,
      Just
      > > Like Heaven, STARRING our local blues icon, Ron Hacker, is now
      > > available on DVD. It also CO-stars Reese Witherspoon and Mark
      > > Ruffalo. Put it at the top of your Netflix queue. I highly
      recommend
      > > it. You can briefly see Ron in the trailer at www.justlikeheaven-
      > > themovie.com Ron, they need an Oscar category for "Best Blues
      Guy"!

      > > Diane

    • Ron Hacker
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        My little girl turned sixteen Feb. 7th, I bought her a car with the money I made from the
        movie. She got her drivers permit yesterday. I took her to dinner last night and gave her a
        DVD of the movie, I don't think I've ever scene her so happy.
        Hack!!!!1