[Bay Area Blues ] Re: Dave Specter, Where are you??

  • JCBlues@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hey Mo, I'm pretty sure that most of the folks who read your first post on this topic understood what you where saying and thanks for being thick skinned and patient while our photographer friend goes out of his way to pick on you again...I was gonna make the trip down there but when it started raining buckets I remembered how wiped out I was from the Tommy Castro/Daniel Castro gig in Petaluma the night before and decided to save what energy I had for the Nitro benefit and I'm pretty sure I'd have felt the same way had I made that scene (and as I type I'm enjoying watching the "American Roots Music" cd set I won as a raffle prize at the Nitro benefit). It's possible that if the travel to the Spector/Freund show would have been on a nicer day and on shorter route you would have been just a bit less dissapointed in having your expectations altered by the short performance...anyway, it's also possible that Joe, who lives in close proximity to the Mojo Lounge and who doesn't get out that much because of his young family at home is a bit frustrated himself and is taking it out on you. He probably thinks he's being funny but he's not. Anyway, it's been an entertaining string and here's what I really think:

      Mo, with Dave and Steve on the same release it's real possible that we'll see Mr. Spector a lot sooner again than you think since they've got a commercial reason to be playing together and could be hooking up again to promote their cd giving us both another chance....

      Stan, you're the man!...(wish I could make it to your gig at San Benito House in Princeton on the 3rd from 7 to 10pm but I'll be stuck at work)...

      Mari, you're a hoot as always and I'm looking forward to hearing ya sing at The Saloon (with Steve and Robi on the bandstand as well?) on Wednesday the 30th...

      Joe, put down the keyboard and go to your room and don't come back til you have something a bit nicer to say!

      Jack