Re: [svinfoex] info needed for homemade chinese food around Fremont
Great company, competitive salaries, generous benefits, and more.=================
If interested, please send resume to muhollanddr@...
We are looking for a Product Manager with 2+ years experience managing consumer web or consumer software products. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of leading-edge web technologies, will help define product vision and future direction, and will work with engineers, designers and partners to deliver compelling products.
- Lead our efforts to be at the forefront of online content discovery.
- Interact with our partners (publishers and advertisers) to collect and analyze feedback.
- Propose enhancements for existing products and define new products.
- Create detailed specifications/mockups for proposed enhancements/products.
- Utilize analytics to continuously improve our products.
- Prioritize tasks; maintain and execute product roadmap.
- Coordinate and communicate rollout of new features internally and externally.
- 2-3 years product-management experience at a web-based company.
- BS in Computer Science or related engineering field; MS is a plus.
- Solid technical background with 2-3 years experience as a software engineer.
- Strong analytical background with deep experience using analytics tools such as Google Analytics or Omniture.
- In-depth knowledge of latest trends in social media and web 2.0.
- Experience in online advertising, traffic-acquisition (SEO/SEM) and online media publishing highly desired.
- Exceptionally strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bright, energetic, collaborative and goal-driven personality.
- Must be authorized to work for any US employer (H-1 transfers ok).
- Familiarity with StumbleUpon.
Director of Platforms
The Director of Platforms will be responsible for StumbleUpon’s production environment including our LAMP stack, Hadoop infrastructure, analytics system and monitoring infrastructure.
- Responsible for operations for our high-scale web-services.
- Implementing systems to support uptime and business continuity.
- Supervising system and network administrators, managing project schedules.
- Ability to work under pressure and be responsible for uptime of the production environment.
- BS in Computer science or related field - MS preferred.
- 5+ years experience operating web-based services using the LAMP stack.
- Experience supervising system and network administrators.
- Experience setting up a datacenter: networking, web-servers, storage architecture, monitoring.
- Intimately familiar with the LAMP stack, Unix/Linux environment, scripting tools.
- Knowledgeable about best practices in virtualization, storage and cloud computing.
- Experience with Hadoop is a big plus.
- Familiarity with StumbleUpon.
Senior Systems Administrator
As Systems Administrator you will help run StumbleUpon’s multi-network, multi-operating system environment. You will install, configure and provide primary emergency support for our MySQL database servers. This position also involves ensuring uptime of Stumbleupon’s product and high-availability co-located servers, and you will share in on-call duties for emergencies.
In this highly valued role, you will be responsible for managing our storage systems, server and network systems. Your knowledge of Linux administration as well as Cisco Routers will help you diagnose problems, document solutions, customize installations and train others. You will also be responsible for monitoring and trouble-shooting our application-layer services, including Apache web-servers, MySQL databases and Hadoop. Further challenges beyond your day-to-day responsibilities include long-term initiatives such as implementing automation tools, developing new preventative maintenance programs, and assisting development and QA with various tools and processes. You will also be responsible for upgrading our existing infrastructure and being the liaison to vendors for server hardware issues.
- 3+ years of hands on Linux system administration (Centos/RedHat/Ubuntu).
- 2+ years of experience with mySQL setup and administration, including backups/restores, configuring replication, monitoring performance and identifying bottlenecks.
- 4+ years of experience with networking (firewalls, load balancers, switches, routers).
- Hands-on experience administering an environment with multiple servers (over 50).
- Comfortable writing OS-level scripts in at least one language (bash, perl, python, etc).
- Experience and interest in network and server security.
- Bachelors Degree in CS or related field required.
MySQL Database Administrator
StumbleUpon is looking for a MySQL Database Administrator to support geographically distributed servers. Position requires strong scripting, database tuning, communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Administration of MySQL, Linux servers, and storage.
- Monitoring performance, availability, and data integrity.
- Developing monitoring scripts, backups, and automation.
- Capacity planning, performance tuning, and testing.
- Working with developers on database initiatives.
- Reviewing proposed tables and schema changes.
- Analysis and optimization of database queries.
- General system administration and troubleshooting.
- Respond to alarms 24/7 in an on-call rotation.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with MySQL and Linux in fairly complex production environments.
- Passion for learning and using new technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- MySQL and Linux certification or demonstrated proficiency.
- Experience working in 24/7 production environments.
- Experience with MySQL replication, clustering, and horizontal scaling.
- Experience with MySQL backups and disaster recovery.
- Experience with multiple database platforms is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, relational database concepts, and MySQL internals.
- Familiarity with managing PHP applications.
- Strong scripting abilities with perl, python, or PHP.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with StumbleUpon.
StumbleUpon is seeking a talented research engineer to help us improve the quality of our recommendation engine. This will involve research, analysis and implementation of algorithm and data elicitation methods that improve recommendation relevance as user feedback occurs. The data source: Explicit preference and markup data on 29M websites from over 9M web-surfers. In total over 9 billion detailed stumble/rating/review records are available to analyze. If you are self-motivated and possess a Can-Do attitude, we want to talk with you!
- Research and implement changes to improve recommender quality.
- Help invent new heuristics and algorithms for information distribution and content discovery.
- Use statistical methods and machine learning to characterize user preference.
- Investigate data mining and concept extraction strategies using classification and clustering.
- Create visualizations for complex datasets.
- Explore new data collection methods, both explicit and implicit.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of applied research experience related to recommender systems, computational linguistics, data analysis, statistical learning methods, or search.
- Experience with basic statistical methods such as modeling multi-variate distributions, hypothesis testing, bayesian inference, simulation modeling, time series analysis.
- Experience working with large data sets (100GB+).
- Knowledge of text classification and clustering.
- Knowledge of unsupervised learning methods a bonus.
- Experience with distributed computation a bonus.
- SQL experience required.
- PHP, C++ experience strongly desired.
- Strong people skills to work with other engineers.
- Strong work ethic, diligent and reliable.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Adaptable and innovative.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with StumbleUpon.
Senior Software Engineer
StumbleUpon is seeking a self-directed senior software engineer with a desire to build scalable and interesting web applications. We desire someone who is comfortable writing efficient database schemas, clean and efficient back-end code, and has passionate opinions about user interface and interaction. Developer will be working to design and implement new StumbleUpon features and improve the overall experience for millions of people. Developer will be part of a team that works on diverse, site-spanning projects involving community-facing tools, video, web services, security, anti-spam, user-to-user interaction, advertiser network, and more. Projects will be for both internal tools and highly-used public-facing products.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 5+ years PHP.
- Strong MySQL programming experience.
- Intermediate to advanced HTML/CSS/DOM experience (ability to understand and tweak UI team’s output).
- Linux/Unix expertise is essential.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion, Git.
- Experience with C/C++ a bonus.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong collaborative skills and flexibility in fulfilling multiple roles.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with recommendation systems is a big plus.
- Familiarity with StumbleUpon.
IT Support Specialist
Do you know Macs? Live them, breathe them, spend most of your days fixing them? If so, then we want you! StumbleUpon is hiring an IT Support Specialist, (i.e. a Mac Wiz) that will work closely with our employees and managers to ensure that systems function, outages are addressed rapidly and efficiently, upgrades and enhancements are non-disruptive and appropriate future planning is performed and acted upon. The successful candidate will know Macs inside and out, have superb customer service skills, professional work habits, and a calm, friendly “deskside” demeanor. StumbeUpon is a fast paced, high-energy environment and our IT Support Specialist will need to be our go-to person for all of our Mac needs, no matter how big or small!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- On-boarding new employees: building systems, installing printers, scanners and VPN.
- Managing the badging system.
- Provide ongoing technical support for our internal IT systems - this includes configuring and troubleshooting issues with employee’s laptops, desktops, application software, office network equipment, etc.
- Office IT management - inventory management, software licenses, and working with ISPs.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with basic network and operating system installations and configurations.
- Datacenter Support – as needed help setup Unix systems at our datacenters - this includes racking, hardware troubleshooting, cabling, labeling, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2-3 years of IT helpdesk support with Macs.
- AA or BS in Information Technology a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Familiar with printer setup and basic maintenance/repair.
- Experienced in desktop/laptop system setup and basic maintenance/repair.
- Must be a self-starter, be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to keep sensitive information confidential at all times.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to have fun while working hard!
Inside Sales/Business Development Manager
Working primarily via phone and email from our San Francisco headquarters, the Inside Sales/Business Development Manager (i) evangelizes and sells StumbleAds to small-to-medium size advertisers and executes well thought-out initial campaigns that yield measurable return on investment and repeat ad spend; and (ii) promotes StumbleUpon’s publisher tools (e.g. site badges, content discovery and syndication utilities) to high-quality long-tail and torso publishers.
- Prospect new StumbleAds clients and publisher partners, and react to inbound requests.
- Secure new high-potential StumbleAds clients and publisher partners.
- Work closely with our account management team to ensure new StumbleAds clients achieve their goals.
- Effectively manage a sales and business development pipeline, and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success.
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent work experience with a strong academic record.
- Extremely proactive, motivated, organized, responsible, and able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and pitch comprehensive advertising and content discovery solutions over the phone and via the web to high-potential prospects.
- Proven track record of driving incremental revenue by acquiring new clients, as well as experience cold calling and presenting sales pitches.
Product Marketing Manager/Director
The Product Marketing role will partner with Engineering, Product Management and Sales to help acquire, educate, inform and delight users (consumers and advertisers).
- Establish sustainable, differentiated, ownable product positioning for our products.
- Conduct market research to better understand the competitive landscape, user segmentation and user behavior and needs.
- Contribute to the development of a product roadmap that delivers against a unique and differentiated market position.
- Contribute to the development of a successful sales strategy around our products.
- Define product- and feature-level positioning and messaging to be used across outbound communications programs.
- Partner closely with Product Management and Marketing Communications around in-product marketing strategy and messaging, including: first-use experience, user education / tips, feature nomenclature, in-product help / tutorial requirements, and feature tours.
- Track and analyze user/community feedback, dashboards and metrics to measure the effectiveness of our product marketing efforts around new and existing product features and functionalities.
- Bachelors degree with strong performance in undergraduate coursework and demonstrated analytical success or equivalent work experience. MBA a plus.
- At least 4 years experience in product marketing, direct marketing or marketing program management (ideally with consumer Internet products or services), with a passion for analyzing products, users and market dynamics.
- Good understanding of StumbleUpon’s products and competitive position, and of the search and social media markets.
- Strong organizational, cross-functional leadership and analytical skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Exceptional aptitude for determining the optimal way to position products in the market.
- Track record of success in start-up environment(s).
- Good sense of humor.
Media Coordinator/Advertising Account Manager
The Media Coordinator/Advertising Account Manager will be a consultant to the Sales, Business Development and Product teams on how to successfully execute campaigns within the StumbleUpon ecosystem, and will interact with external clients to help them meet and exceed their advertising goals.
- Manage in-bound inquiries from new and existing advertisers using StumbleUpon’s self-service ad system.
- Review and approve advertising campaign creation requests.
- Identify opportunities for process/policy improvements (e.g., editorial standards, targeting options), and develop and implement scalable solutions.
- Identify and execute against campaign optimization and account growth opportunities with direct and agency clients, and troubleshoot underperforming campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams (e.g., Sales, BizDev, Marketing, Product, Engineering) to continuously improve StumbleUpon’s ad platform.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a strong academic record.
- 2+ years experience in interactive or digital media client service/account management.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging internet-based media.
- Understanding of advertising operations technologies preferred (i.e. DART, 24/7 Open Ad Stream, Google AdSense).
- Track record of working successfully as part of a cross-functional client-focused team.
- Familiarity with StumbleUpon.