Announcement of recent SVTN events.
Dear Alumni and Friends:
Silicon Valley Tsinghua Network (SVTN) is organizing several events for early June. Here, we list all events for your reference. For detail information, please refer to links.
1. June 6 evening: SVTN eClub June Seminar: http://www.tsinghua.net/entrepreneur/outsource.html
2. June 5 evening: SVTN investment Club 2nd Seminar: http://www.tsinghua.net/investment/hedge.html
3. June 9 evening: SVTN and PUAANC joint dinner and dancing party event
4. June 6 morning: SVTN co-host event: Term Sheet Negotiations (Free for SVTN members)
Come and join those wonderful events and you will benefit from them!
SVTN is a non-profit organization. We will do our best to serve the Tsinghua Alumni and Bay area communities.Silicon Valley Tsinghua NetworkMay 2007
1. SVTN eClub June Seminar: http://www.tsinghua.net/entrepreneur/outsource.html
China IT Outsourcing Going Global
By Chris Chen, CEO of Worksoft
Date: June 6, 2007 (Wednesday)
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:45 pm
Location: ORRICK, HERRINGTON & SUTCLIFFE
1100 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025-1015
Cost: $10 per person RSVP via Paypal; ($20 at door)
RSVP: Space is very limited. Please RSVP early via PayPal.
6:30 pm – 7:15 pm Registration and Networking
Hor-d'oeuvres will be served (delicious food with wine and beer)
7:15 pm – 8:00 pm Presentation by Chris Chen, CEO Worksoft
8:00 pm – 8:45 pm Open Q&A and Networking
You will learn:
- The opportunity of an engineer in China;
- Local team and global team, who will lead in China?
- Worksoft story: one project to a high growth company – our lesson of startup.
Option Strategies – How to Hedge Your Investment Portfolio and Concentrated Stocks?
You have most of your money in your company's stock or other technology stocks, say Nvidia, Marvell, and Cisco etc. or you are about to have your wealth tied to a single company's stock because your company is about to go IPO like Spreadtrum or was acquired by a public company like Tellme. These good fortunes from single or concentrated stocks have risks! What are these risks? What strategy in place can we use to hedge the risks? Even if you don't have concentrated positions, your investment portfolio is still likely subject to the risks in the event of a market correction. How can you hedge and protect your investments?
Date: June 5th, 2007 (Saturday)
Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Location: Morgan Stanley Silicon Valley Office
20400 Stevens Creek Blvd., Ste. 350
Cupertino , CA 95014 (In one of the 8 floor buildings facing Stevens Creek Blvd. )
Tel: (408) 861-2028
Parking: Park at the open parking lot or the parking garage facing the office building at 20400 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cost: $10 per person if RSVP by June 3rd, 2007, $15 per person if pay on site
RSVP: Please RSVP via PayPal. Please click this link: PayPal
- 6:30 pm – 7 pm Registration and Networking
- 7 pm – 8
Indhira Polanco, Vice President of Morgan Stanley
Daniel Yang, Vice President of Morgan Stanley
- 8 pm – 8:30 pm Open Q&A
Time: Saturday, June 9th, 2007
Date: Saturday, June 9th
Time: 6:00 pm -- 8:00 pm
Location: Spring Garden Comfort (Yu4 Yuan2 Chun1)
Cost: $15.00 per person
2. Dance Party:
Date: Saturday, June 9th
Time: 8:00 pm -- 1:00 am
Location: Premier (MingXing) Ballroom Dance Studio
8:00 PM to 9:00 PM - Free dance lesson
9:00 PM to 1:00 AM - Dance Party
$10.00 for gentlemen
$5.00 for ladies
Come and enjoy yourself!
4. SVTN co-host event: Term Sheet Negotiations (Free for SVTN members)
You're invited to participate in the first of our Total Access programs focusing on the needs of the start-up and venture community. This event will focus on term sheet negotiations and is moderated by Orrick partner John Bautista. Handouts include the presentation, sample term sheet and a list of term sheet terms.
- Term Sheet "Terms"
- Business Rationale for Negotiating Certain Terms
- Debrief on the Negotiation: Why it Succeeded or Failed
- Moderator: John Bautista, Partner, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Date: June 6, 2007 Time: 7:15 – 8:15 a.m. Light breakfast and networking
8:15 – 10:15 a.m. Panel promptly begins
Quadrus Conference Center, 2400 Sand Hill Road,
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Please register here prior to Friday, June 1.
Got a little couch potato?
Check out fun summer activities for kids.